Falcons hire former Bucs coach Dirk Koetter as OC

49erurtaza

19 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

Seems like a fine pickup. I feel like Monken may have been the real brains behind that offense, but if I remember right, Koetter was doing a good job as OC before, too.

It was Koetter's playbook. And he only gave up playcalling for a few weeks before he took it back. 

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Thought I read that koetter only took over for one game and did awful

Not confirmed afaik but...   there were little nuances in the offensive gameplan that were similar from before and he started holding a play sheet After that one game and the whole time before that he never did.   

With all that being said he did good for the most part and I think he will do better in Atlanta with a better QB and O line.  The weapons are fairly similar IMO.

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Thought I read that koetter only took over for one game and did awful

He started the year without a play sheet. By the middle-ish of the season he had one again. And the playcalling changed ever so slightly.

13 hours ago, Gopher Trace said:

Seems like a fine pickup. I feel like Monken may have been the real brains behind that offense, but if I remember right, Koetter was doing a good job as OC before, too.

They are both impressive offensive minds. The ATL offense is in much, much better hands. Like you though, I'd prefer Monken. I think he's a potential future head coach, especially since Kingsbury just got hired as a head coach.

Archived