2019 NFL Draft Thread

showtime

Just now, showtime said:

Projected by who?

Basically every media outlet. 

Your organization is well known at this point for just drafting players way earlier than makes sense. You can say "Oh but teams don't project the same way" You're right, they might project him to be lower. You can't assume that just because you guys reached that it must be because he's better than people think he is.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Basically every media outlet. 

Your organization is well known at this point for just drafting players way earlier than makes sense. You can say "Oh but teams don't project the same way" You're right, they might project him to be lower. You can't assume that just because you guys reached that it must be because he's better than people think he is.

I don't really care where players are projected at.  I don't really watch college football or get into the NFL Draft.  It's all a waste of time to me.  As long as they can play, I'm all for it.

In 2017 they drafted several guys who were huge contributors in last year's playoff team.  They added rookies last year that were also major pieces.  I'm okay with whoever they draft.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't really care where players are projected at.  I don't really watch college football or get into the NFL Draft.  It's all a waste of time to me.  As long as they can play, I'm all for it.

In 2017 they drafted several guys who were huge contributors in last year's playoff team.  They added rookies last year that were also major pieces.  I'm okay with whoever they draft.

Yeah Schneider and Caroll have been right enough for me not to question there moves on defense i was laughing my head off at 950 KJR Millen was freaking out.

Edited by Sacks98
  • Like 2

Ok pick in LJ Collier I suppose, had some strong highlights flashes.  Honestly though Ben Banogu his teammate is a far better player I feel, more athletic with most upside and more production so Collier being picked ahead of him is a surprise to me.  Collier is bigger and better against the run but Banogu is a better pass rusher no question.  

Banogu benched almost as well at 225 as Collier and is over 30 pounds lighter than him, ran a way better 40 at 4.62 and 10" more in the vertical at 40 and better in the broad jump, cone and shuttle of course.  He might be more of a 3/4 OLB but I feel has the power at the point to play in a 4/3 also.  

13 hours ago, showtime said:

Why did Taylor fall out of the first round?  CBS had him ranked as the 6th best prospect.

Apparently the medicals are pretty bad.  I knew he was getting flagged for the knee, but apparently there are concerns about his back as well.

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Ok pick in LJ Collier I suppose, had some strong highlights flashes.  Honestly though Ben Banogu his teammate is a far better player I feel, more athletic with most upside and more production so Collier being picked ahead of him is a surprise to me.  Collier is bigger and better against the run but Banogu is a better pass rusher no question.  

Banogu benched almost as well at 225 as Collier and is over 30 pounds lighter than him, ran a way better 40 at 4.62 and 10" more in the vertical at 40 and better in the broad jump, cone and shuttle of course.  He might be more of a 3/4 OLB but I feel has the power at the point to play in a 4/3 also.  

But this is a misconception so many Hawks fans are making, Collier will not be playing as an edge rusher, he was not drafted as an edge rusher. He will be playing the strong DE position Red Bryant and Michael Bennett have played previously. Rushing the passer is part of the position, but its mostly about holding the edge, and squeezing down the line. Collier also has the flexibility Seattle loves from this position, as he can kick inside on pass rushing downs, to rush the passer from inside, something MB was a awesome at. Malcolm McDowell was supposed to be this guy, but well... ATV's. Collier has a good chance to start day 1 since Quenton Jefferson, Dion Jordan (FA) and Brandon Jackson are just …. meh at that position.  

• Like 2