Senior Bowl

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I would like to resign Hump but if cash becomes a problem for what this new staff wants to do then we should definitely target Hunter Renfrow in the draft. Has had a solid career at Clemson and Senior Bowl.

There is little excuse to lose Humph.  He is more valuable then Brate at this point.  He needs to be resigned before free agency.  If it truly is build around Jameis this gets done easily.  In a world revolving around Jameis, Humph is more important then DJax also.  I m assuming Arians wasn t doing lip service on his QB.  

I hope they don t draft a WR this year.  Even with DJax gone, WR depth is still there assuming Humph gets resigned.

20 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We got to remember, Hump was valuable to the last staff. The new staff may not place the same value on him...

Don't think Hump is going to resign before FA, as he's likely wanting to maximize his next contract and FA can help that...

But he is important to the starting QB.  The HC has publically stated the team will be built around the QB, not a specific system.  Of course, a HC has general principles for offense and defense.

Winston and Humph have obvious chemistry.  Airans has coached and integrated slot WRs in his offense.  In fact, one of them is on his coaching staff wirh Randle El.  I ll have a lot of concerns with this coaching staff if DJax is retained at the expense of Humph.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

But he is important to the starting QB.  The HC has publically stated the team will be built around the QB, not a specific system.  Of course, a HC has general principles for offense and defense.

Winston and Humph have obvious chemistry.  Airans has coached and integrated slot WRs in his offense.  In fact, one of them is on his coaching staff wirh Randle El.  I ll have a lot of concerns with this coaching staff if DJax is retained at the expense of Humph.

It would be a different story if we were just outright cutting him, but he's a FA...

We may not control bringing him back regardless. He may want to maximize his earnings elsewhere and have a chance to start (he's not going to get that here with what we've got committed in in Evans and Godwin's ability)...

If we choose not to resign him, or he pursues another opportunity in FA, I'm not going to hold my breath. He's a good player, but one that is far from unreplacable given his position and limitations...

31 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It would be a different story if we were just outright cutting him, but he's a FA...

We may not control bringing him back regardless. He may want to maximize his earnings elsewhere and have a chance to start (he's not going to get that here with what we've got committed in in Evans and Godwin's ability)...

If we choose not to resign him, or he pursues another opportunity in FA, I'm not going to hold my breath. He's a good player, but one that is far from unreplacable given his position and limitations...

You are correct, he is a FA with a new regime.  Just like Bennett when Schiano was hired.  Just like Penn when Lovie was hired. They were not resigned, and didn t get top dollar for their position.  

Humph is strictly a slot WR.  If you and I can see that, the chances of him making top 10 money for outside WRs is slim.  

I don t understand a willingness to get rid of a useful player who is going to get top 5 money for his position of slot WR.  IIRC, the last slot WR to hit the free agent market was Taylor Gabriel.  He was signed by Chicago for 4 yrs @ 26 million with 14 million guaranteed.  Amendola signed with Miami for 6 million per year.  With the cap rising. even giving Humph a little better of a contract, I don t have a problem with it.  This media analysis suggesting Humph could get 10 million in free agency, I don t see it.  Teams only pay outside WRs over 10 million.  Pretty confident some GM isn t going to blow up the pay structure of slot WRs for Adam Humphries. We ll see how it plays out.

Archived