Pete Carroll vs Sean McVay  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pete Carroll vs Sean McVay

• Carroll
    • McVay
    • Shanahan
    • Kingsbury

46 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I will ask this again. I am waiting for more responses. Who do you want as your HC today, McVay or Carroll?

Pete Carroll.  Reason - He's a vet head coach and has proven to be a winner at the highest level.  And he's a really good coach.

Either way, both these guys are close.  It's not like we're talking about Bill Belichick or Bill Walsh vs Doug Marrone or something like that.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Pete Carroll.  Reason - He's a vet head coach and has proven to be a winner at the highest level.  And he's a really good coach.

Either way, both these guys are close.  It's not like we're talking about Bill Belichick or Bill Walsh vs Doug Marrone or something like that.

Why aren't NFL owners trying to hire the next Pete Carroll?

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Because he a old geezer.

An old, stubborn geezer who pretty much let his locker room tear itself apart if you listen to Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, or pretty much any other former Seahawks players. The dissent and disrespect these guys show in interviews and by their actions are astounding. I will give credit where credit is due, Carroll is still winning despite the controversy but have you ever heard anyone have a bad word to say about McVay?

McVay gets all the credit for his playcalling ability, but when people on this forum ask about what kind of culture he has built just check out his post game speeches and the way his players and coaches, former and current, always talk about him. That and the humility he has a young coach in this league to admit he doesn't know everything and to let his GM Snead and DC Phillips actually do their jobs without micromanagement. Someone like Josh McDaniels was supposed to be Sean McVay and probably has a similar mind for the game but he lacked all of the interpersonal skills and humility which make McVay truly special as a head coach.

That's why I want him as my HC over any other in the league right now, he's the complete package and is only just getting started.

Archived