What's your big board? 2019 Edition.

RaidersAreOne

• 1 month later...

Wow big boards, I haven't done one of these in quite some time. Looking at needs and what will change after free agency will move players up and down the board for me.

@ pick #4

1. Quinnen Williams DT

2. Josh Allen Edge/LB

3. Nick Bosa DE

4. Ed Oliver DT

5. Rashan Gary DE/DT

@ pick #24

1. Montez Sweat DE/Edge

2. D.K. Metcalf WR

3. Byron Murphy CB

4. Deandre Baker CB

5. Noah Fant TE

@ pick #27

1. T.J. Hockenson TE

2. A.J. Brown WR

3. Nassir Adderly S

4. Marquis "Hollywood" Brown WR

5. Andre Dillard OT

My current big board for each pick as i'm sure it will change after i catch up on all the combine stuff and free agency. I have certainly cooled on a couple players.

• Like 1

I do also have a little bit of a surprise pick for one of the later first round picks if he cracks the first round. It would not surprise me to see Safety Juan Thornhill sneak into the first or be there for our pick in the 2nd. He has moved up the boards for me.

• Like 1

It's all very close after the first 2 guys for me with most being interchangeable, but this is my Raiders specific Big Board for this year (it's always fun looking back at years past!):

1 - Nick Bosa - Perfect fit for our system and though he's likely gone would be ideal for us, our best DL player right out the box

2 - Quinnen Williams - Not a 'need' as such but a blue chip prospect that can play in our system next to any of our guys and star

3 - Montez Sweat - Great fit for our our system and higher ceiling than Ferrell, uses length and leverage superbly, helped himself with Senior Bowl and impressive combine

4 - Clelin Ferrell - Another great fit with a high floor, very safe prospect but not as exciting as Sweat, Allen, Burns et all

5 - Josh Allen - Great player but I view him as a potential star 3-4 OLB, he's high risk as a DE in our system and not worth it for me if we're using him as OLB 

5 - Devin White - Not the most valuable position but we are in dire need and he has immense potential, very impressed with his combine

6 - Ed Oliver - Conflicted with Oliver as I think he's a great player but he's very similar to Hurst who I expect a big season from

7 - DK Metcalf - Boom or bust prospect, great bloodlines and H/W/S but production is simply not there and injury and lateral agility question marks are huge

8 - Greedy Williams - Great length, surprising combine speed and good cover guy who fits but needs to be more physical and play press better

9 - Dalton Risner - How is this guy not rated higher? Not a sexy pick but he'll be a great, versatile player for a decade plus and would solidify our RT

10a - Rashan Gary - Another Boom or bust for me, looks the part but production should have been better given his physical skills

10b - Brian Burns - Is he a full time DE and can he hold the point of attack, he has pass rush skills but he's a high risk prospect for me

The great thing is I think a few of these guys are being criminally underrated and may be available at our #24 or #27 picks so we could land two of these guys :)

Edited by Darbsk

19 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Hey Darbsk!

It's Nick Bosa this time around :)

You would be comfortable with Sweat at 4?

Risner after the Trent Brown signing seems like luxury...or you would use him at OG?

:$ Haha of course it is! They just look and play very similarly. Maybe if he stays healthy Nick can be an even better player.

I'd ideally like a trade down a few spots to take Sweat and add a pick but I think he's going to be a really good player so I wouldn't be too upset if we take him at 4 (providing the first two are gone). Dream scenario for me is that one of the QBs gets taken #1 and someone overthinks on Bosa or Williams and takes Allen then we're left with an elite prospect.

Risner I see as a very good RT for a decade (I like Miller but not sold on him yet) but he can be a stud OG too and he's the type of hard nosed, tough guy we need up there, he'd probably be better at OG and after the KO trade he'd fit straight in. I just love him as a player and similar to Williams and Oliver I think we just need good players right now and the coaches job is to put them in positions to succeed............this is where we both doubt cable ability!

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

#4:

1. Nick Bosa, Edge, Ohio State

2. Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama 

3. Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

4. Trade down

5. Devin White, LB, LSU

1. Clelin Ferrell, Edge, Clemson

2. Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State