Jump to content
TheKillerNacho

Bucs hire coordinators - Byron Leftwich, Todd Bowles, Keith Armstrong

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

 

Bowles comes across as a kind of pretty loyal kind of guy, so that makes sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

 

Bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing is official until the Bucs confirm they have signed Bowles to a contract.  Otherwise I'm hearing he is still pondering his choice.  Unless he's just using the Bears as leverage to get more $ from the Bucs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

A switch to a 3-4 imminent then?

But I love the Bowles hire, IDK about Leftwich. 

Bowles doesn't run a straight out and out 3-4, he mixes 3- and 4-downed lineman formations, but honestly, with Kwon Alexander returning from injury, the Bucs have a front 7 that will project to a 1-gapping 3-4 just fine - and they'll probably end up adding another EDGE guy in the 1st or 2nd round to go with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kramxel said:

Bowles comes across as a kind of pretty loyal kind of guy, so that makes sense.

 

He's a Parcells guy.  Loyalty absolutely makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Bowles doesn't run a straight out and out 3-4, he mixes 3- and 4-downed lineman formations, but honestly, with Kwon Alexander returning from injury, the Bucs have a front 7 that will project to a 1-gapping 3-4 just fine - and they'll probably end up adding another EDGE guy in the 1st or 2nd round to go with that.

Kwon's a FA. But we all assume he'll be resigned. Hopefully he can come back from that ACL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

jameis is better than leftwich ever was

Was he really though? Same qb bracket ranking for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Bowles doesn't run a straight out and out 3-4, he mixes 3- and 4-downed lineman formations, but honestly, with Kwon Alexander returning from injury, the Bucs have a front 7 that will project to a 1-gapping 3-4 just fine - and they'll probably end up adding another EDGE guy in the 1st or 2nd round to go with that.

It's actually a good fit with their personnel. JPP, McCoy, and Vea all fit it nicely. You could probably use Curry or Nassib as a SDE if you wanted, or you could replace them. And Noah Spence has always been a better fit as a 3-4 OLB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's actually a good fit with their personnel. JPP, McCoy, and Vea all fit it nicely. You could probably use Curry or Nassib as a SDE if you wanted, or you could replace them. And Noah Spence has always been a better fit as a 3-4 OLB.

McCoy to Patriots in 3... 2...

Edited by DoleINGout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The LBC said:

1-gapping 3-4 just fine -

I don't really pay attention to this stuff but I would guess it is a 2-gap system. At least someone I read said that is why Deone struggled so much this year. Because the dline was now 1-gapping and not eating up blockers like a 2-gap system dline would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 8:16 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't really pay attention to this stuff but I would guess it is a 2-gap system. At least someone I read said that is why Deone struggled so much this year. Because the dline was now 1-gapping and not eating up blockers like a 2-gap system dline would. 

We're going one gap blitz heavy. Arians wants to attack. No risk it, no biscuit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×