Bucs hire coordinators - Byron Leftwich, Todd Bowles, Keith Armstrong

TheKillerNacho

Nothing is official until the Bucs confirm they have signed Bowles to a contract.  Otherwise I'm hearing he is still pondering his choice.  Unless he's just using the Bears as leverage to get more $ from the Bucs.

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

A switch to a 3-4 imminent then?

But I love the Bowles hire, IDK about Leftwich. 

Bowles doesn't run a straight out and out 3-4, he mixes 3- and 4-downed lineman formations, but honestly, with Kwon Alexander returning from injury, the Bucs have a front 7 that will project to a 1-gapping 3-4 just fine - and they'll probably end up adding another EDGE guy in the 1st or 2nd round to go with that.

28 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Bowles doesn't run a straight out and out 3-4, he mixes 3- and 4-downed lineman formations, but honestly, with Kwon Alexander returning from injury, the Bucs have a front 7 that will project to a 1-gapping 3-4 just fine - and they'll probably end up adding another EDGE guy in the 1st or 2nd round to go with that.

Kwon's a FA. But we all assume he'll be resigned. Hopefully he can come back from that ACL.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

It's actually a good fit with their personnel. JPP, McCoy, and Vea all fit it nicely. You could probably use Curry or Nassib as a SDE if you wanted, or you could replace them. And Noah Spence has always been a better fit as a 3-4 OLB.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's actually a good fit with their personnel. JPP, McCoy, and Vea all fit it nicely. You could probably use Curry or Nassib as a SDE if you wanted, or you could replace them. And Noah Spence has always been a better fit as a 3-4 OLB.

McCoy to Patriots in 3... 2...

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

1-gapping 3-4 just fine -

I don't really pay attention to this stuff but I would guess it is a 2-gap system. At least someone I read said that is why Deone struggled so much this year. Because the dline was now 1-gapping and not eating up blockers like a 2-gap system dline would. 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:16 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't really pay attention to this stuff but I would guess it is a 2-gap system. At least someone I read said that is why Deone struggled so much this year. Because the dline was now 1-gapping and not eating up blockers like a 2-gap system dline would. 

We're going one gap blitz heavy. Arians wants to attack. No risk it, no biscuit.

Archived