Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

5 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Eddie Goleman? What solid  picks are these?? You could draft Andrew Billings in the 7th and get the same production. Reported. 

A few of us were trying to figure out who would inexplicably overdraft Goldman this year. Should have known it was going to be a new owner.

Just now, Tk3 said:

I'm wondering if anyone would want 3 3rd this year for like... their next 5 3rds or something..

something crazy

let someone really dig deep this season without mortgaging any one draft in specific

1 hour ago, pwny said:

You took Golladay at 1.2 with a younger, better WR available. Lindsay was taken 21 picks later, and costs 1 tag. Conner looked like a dominant back until he got hurt. 

That's the difference, before we even get into how Golladay's stats seem hyper-inflated due to the lack of other targets Stafford had at his disposal this year. 

You’re biased a tad vs the lions imo...

All 3 had above avg seasons. Lindsay 5.4ypc, Golladay 15.3 ypc and Conner 12 tds... You give others credit because of injury, such as Conner not the same post injury... Golladay played through injury finishing the season off for 4-5 weeks. Conner to me was fatigued and might not be suited to be a bell cow. Could’ve been injury, who’s to say at our position.

Lindsay I’m not sold on. When has a ppr kind of back ever worked in the sim? Lindsay is not built for rushing the ball. He padded those numbers with 5 teams... KCx2, Oakland, Cincinnati, Pitt, Arizona. Weak rush defenses. He was mia verse 49ers or Cleveland front 7. Plus the team he’s drafted by already has Henry and Michel. So no, I can’t back the “solid pick” on that one

Golladay might not be #2 worthy, but he’s worth the risk of the potential upside. I’m going to still get a quality vet as my #2 mid rounds, posting golladay in my #3 for 7 games then stashing him. He won’t outperform guys, but he’s as much of a high reward high risk pick as the rest of those rbs. 

2 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

You’re biased a tad vs the lions imo...

All 3 had above avg seasons. Lindsay 5.4ypc, Golladay 15.3 ypc and Conner 12 tds... You give others credit because of injury, such as Conner not the same post injury... Golladay played through injury finishing the season off for 4-5 weeks. Conner to me was fatigued and might not be suited to be a bell cow. Could’ve been injury, who’s to say at our position.

Lindsay I’m not sold on. When has a ppr kind of back ever worked in the sim? Lindsay is not built for rushing the ball. He padded those numbers with 5 teams... KCx2, Oakland, Cincinnati, Pitt, Arizona. Weak rush defenses. He was mia verse 49ers or Cleveland front 7. Plus the team he’s drafted by already has Henry and Michel. So no, I can’t back the “solid pick” on that one

Golladay might not be #2 worthy, but he’s worth the risk of the potential upside. I’m going to still get a quality vet as my #2 mid rounds, posting golladay in my #3 for 7 games then stashing him. He won’t outperform guys, but he’s as much of a high reward high risk pick as the rest of those rbs. 

I don't think anyone is saying he isn't good or that he doesn't have potential

I think the point of contention is that you could have drafted him at 2.02 most likely

Or if you really didn't want to risk losing him trade down to pick 8 or pick 10 or something and pick up some extra assets

24 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Eddie Goleman? What solid  picks are these?? You could draft Andrew Billings in the 7th and get the same production. Reported. 

17 minutes ago, pwny said:

A few of us were trying to figure out who would inexplicably overdraft Goldman this year. Should have known it was going to be a new owner.

he just needs the right sliders to really shine!

2 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

He padded those numbers with 5 teams

Lindsay had 53% of his yards in those 5 games, you're right. You know who else had 53% of his yards in 5 games? Kenny Golladay.

9 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

He was mia verse 49ers or Cleveland front 7

Like Golladay was vs Seattle, Minnesota and Arizona?

You took Golladay over Amari Cooper. It was a trash pick for that reason alone.

Just now, Malfatron said:

lol, just kidding. i will learn for next time.

i was horrified when i made my pick and got two "solid pick" notifications

Remixxxxx once drafted him in the second round, thinking he was Akiem Hicks. He ended up cut 5 games into the season. It's gone on since then, him getting drafted well before anyone expects him to be, never finishing out a season as far as I can remember. 

I'm sure he'll be better this year with the Bears defense coming together all across the board, but we were still waiting for it.

17 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I don't think anyone is saying he isn't good or that he doesn't have potential

I think the point of contention is that you could have drafted him at 2.02 most likely

Or if you really didn't want to risk losing him trade down to pick 8 or pick 10 or something and pick up some extra assets

Agreed. But oddly it worked out. Lavonte and Armstead were my bb at the time of the pick. So I basically got two players I’d hoped for, even if I selected them in reverse order 

no one stepped up for trades at #2 overall. All good, I’m happy. Just seemed like it was a bias shot at Golladay. That’s all

Archived