Jump to content
Rgossett07

Draft Discussion 2019

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Hes not even going to be there at 13...........

Maybe. If not, then good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

Maybe. If not, then good.

Who do you want at QB, given that we're moving on from Tanne? Surely not Haskins, Lock, Murray or veteran losers like Keenum or Tyrod...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Who do you want at QB, given that we're moving on from Tanne? Surely not Haskins, Lock, Murray or veteran losers like Keenum or Tyrod...

2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, freak_of_nature said:

2020.

No guarantee in 2020 either. Both Tua and Herbert have issues and it's no sure thing we're going to be in position to draft either of them, either.

What do you dislike about Jones as a prospect exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think if a trade up type deal is to be made it would be with maybe Jacksonville I could see swaping # 1's for Tannehill maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most unusual Fins draft I can ever recall. Hope the new staff hits some home runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Daniel Jones is, honestly, the only QB in this draft class I really want anything to do with.

That's crazy to me. He's the one guy I want this team to steer clear from. He is Tannehill 2.0. 

Like freak of nature said, I wouldn't touch him until late 2nd. Obviously not going to last until then but just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone needs to listen to what Grier is saying. This is a 3/4 year process. Don’t go drafting a QB in the first cause the media says so.

Its widely known this is the weakest QB class since 2013 (that class was atrocious).  Haskins needed another year. Murray should have chosen baseball.  I do think one of Jones, Grier, Stidham or Lock will go to a “good situation”, sit a few years and become a solid starter. But no one in the class can start day 1. 

Tua, Herbert and Fromm would all be the top QB prospect this year..  As a fan it will suck to see them be 3-13 or 4-12 but it’s necessary.  2021 or 2022 is the goal.  Not 2019.  Love the idea of taking Rypien or Stidham late (5th or 6th round) but go out and get some one that can throw the ball a bit and be a positive influence in a very very young locker room.  Someone that sets a great example.  

I keep saying it.... drafting a QB is a gamble. Derek Carr’s contract is team friendly after 2019. If the raiders fall in love with one of the guys in this years draft, would you give up Charles Harris (or mike gesecki) and a 3rd for him?  He played really good football with absolutely nothing.  Flacco fetched a 4th.  Giants can’t afford Carr and neither can the Jags. Once Miami gets Branch, Quinn, Parker and Tannehill off the books, they will have plenty of cash.  Carr doesn’t work out, you can dump him for next to nothing early 2020.  

Tradimg back and collecting more picks would be ideal  Miami is going to have a ton of needs. Stock piling DE/DL and OL should be the focus.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting with Mckenzie coming on board if this ramps up a possible Carr deal. I personally do not understand why all the talk of a possible Carr  split from the Raiders but who knows I would be happy if he became a Dolphin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Murray talk yet here? What does everyone think? I'm not a big fan myself, especially in the 1st round. 

If we do draft him, I don't see how we can without also spending multiple early picks (Round 2-4)on the OL. He's small and a rookie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 4:32 PM, Rgossett07 said:

Everyone needs to listen to what Grier is saying. This is a 3/4 year process. Don’t go drafting a QB in the first cause the media says so.

Its widely known this is the weakest QB class since 2013 (that class was atrocious).  Haskins needed another year. Murray should have chosen baseball.  I do think one of Jones, Grier, Stidham or Lock will go to a “good situation”, sit a few years and become a solid starter. But no one in the class can start day 1. 

Tua, Herbert and Fromm would all be the top QB prospect this year..  As a fan it will suck to see them be 3-13 or 4-12 but it’s necessary.  2021 or 2022 is the goal.  Not 2019.  Love the idea of taking Rypien or Stidham late (5th or 6th round) but go out and get some one that can throw the ball a bit and be a positive influence in a very very young locker room.  Someone that sets a great example.  

I keep saying it.... drafting a QB is a gamble. Derek Carr’s contract is team friendly after 2019. If the raiders fall in love with one of the guys in this years draft, would you give up Charles Harris (or mike gesecki) and a 3rd for him?  He played really good football with absolutely nothing.  Flacco fetched a 4th.  Giants can’t afford Carr and neither can the Jags. Once Miami gets Branch, Quinn, Parker and Tannehill off the books, they will have plenty of cash.  Carr doesn’t work out, you can dump him for next to nothing early 2020.  

Tradimg back and collecting more picks would be ideal  Miami is going to have a ton of needs. Stock piling DE/DL and OL should be the focus.  

 

 

Absolutely, yes. Please take him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

No Murray talk yet here? What does everyone think? I'm not a big fan myself, especially in the 1st round. 

If we do draft him, I don't see how we can without also spending multiple early picks (Round 2-4)on the OL. He's small and a rookie. 

I have a bad feeling he's going to be a Dolphin. A very, very bad feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I have a bad feeling he's going to be a Dolphin. A very, very bad feeling.

Same.  I absolutely can picture a scenario where Ross can't keep his grubby hands out of the decision making and mandates the FO to select him for a "splash".  To be fair, I think Murray will be an exciting, fun QB in the NFL.  I think he can play.  I just don't think he will last very long with that frame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hrubes20 said:

Same.  I absolutely can picture a scenario where Ross can't keep his grubby hands out of the decision making and mandates the FO to select him for a "splash".  To be fair, I think Murray will be an exciting, fun QB in the NFL.  I think he can play.  I just don't think he will last very long with that frame.

least of all behind our OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

least of all behind our OL

Even a normal-sized QB will have issues with that interior OL.  There will be plenty of good DL prospects available at 13 (assuming no legit trade back options) and then hopefully a guy like Elgton Jenkins, Erik McCoy, or Chris Lindstrom are there in the 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×