Draft Discussion 2019

Rgossett07

10 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

You have to wonder if Miami is tempted to trade up ~10 spots for Risner/Ford/McCoy/Taylor

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Pls football gods let one of Cody Ford, DAlton Risner,, Erik McCoy, Jawaan Taylor, Greg Little, or Elgton Jenkins drop to us at 48

I seriously think they need to start working the phones if McCoy is still there at 40 or so.  He would be a terrific pick.  I don't see all 6 of these guys lasting all the way to 48, but I've obviously been wrong before.  Hopefully there is a run on WRs and the remaining QBs so that one can fall.  

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

I seriously think they need to start working the phones if McCoy is still there at 40 or so.  He would be a terrific pick.  I don't see all 6 of these guys lasting all the way to 48, but I've obviously been wrong before.  Hopefully there is a run on WRs and the remaining QBs so that one can fall.  

Just need one of the six to last to 48

Just now, hrubes20 said:

I actually am not a fan of Greg Little, but I wouldn't be upset if you replaced his name with Connor McGovern.

If you're saying trade our 2nd pick to the Broncos for McGovern... eh, I guess?

Greg Little is probably my least favorite of the six but we need to build up a decent OL for our franchise QB next year. If he drops that far, its definitely decent value.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If you're saying trade our 2nd pick to the Broncos for McGovern... eh, I guess?

Greg Little is probably my least favorite of the six but we need to build up a decent OL for our franchise QB next year. If he drops that far, its definitely decent value.

Not following.  I am referring to the Penn State G/C who is in this draft.  Probably a 3rd rounder to some, but I like his tape.

Well, there is some rumors a flying. Apparently, at some point Miami offered our 2nd round pick to the Cardinals for Rosen, and they said no. Fast forward to last night, the Rosen market dried up and the Cardinals were willing to deal for the 2nd, and Grier said no. What we don't know is if Grier offered a lower pick. It seems as if Grier knows that the Cardinals are out of options and he is going to take full advantage of it. If we land Rosen for a 4th or lower pick, I won't be mad at all as that's a great value. I would like to think that Miami would be targeting an OL in the 2nd, but I have a feeling we are going to double down on defense and select a DE. Chase Winovich is a 2nd rnd talent. Jaylon Ferguson is another. I doubt that Miami trades up though.

24 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

Well, there is some rumors a flying. Apparently, at some point Miami offered our 2nd round pick to the Cardinals for Rosen, and they said no. Fast forward to last night, the Rosen market dried up and the Cardinals were willing to deal for the 2nd, and Grier said no. What we don't know is if Grier offered a lower pick. It seems as if Grier knows that the Cardinals are out of options and he is going to take full advantage of it. If we land Rosen for a 4th or lower pick, I won't be mad at all as that's a great value. I would like to think that Miami would be targeting an OL in the 2nd, but I have a feeling we are going to double down on defense and select a DE. Chase Winovich is a 2nd rnd talent. Jaylon Ferguson is another. I doubt that Miami trades up though.

really don't want to invest another pick on the DL.

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Today I learned there was two Connor McGoverns. Oh dear

giphy.gif

Haha

2 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

I'm still firmly in the "Bring in Rosen" camp.  He was my favorite QB in the draft last year.  Yes, I actually liked him more than Baker, who I had 2nd. If he can be picked up for the 2019 3rd rounder and a conditional 2020 pick (4th rounder or so), that would be phenomenal.  Most would be fine taking a guy like Drew Lock in the 3rd, but Rosen is a better QB.  

"Give me an OL prospect in the 2nd round or give me death!" - Patrick Henry, probably

Edited by hrubes20