Draft Discussion 2019

Rgossett07

It is being reported that Grier has changed his mind and Rosen for our 2nd is imminent. The entire Dolphins brass were on board as recent as a couple of days ago with trading the 2nd for Rosen prior to the draft. It was the Cardinals that turned down that offer. It appears that there are other pieces to the trade that are being negotiated, possibly including players or other draft picks.

52 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'd much rather have pick 46 with all that OL talent left on the board than Rosen... ugh.

Totally agree. Seems we have the leverage but are not playing hardball. Would be disappointed to give a 3rd. He was my second favourite QB last year coming out but seems we could offer a 4th and they would be stuck with him. 

I certainly wouldn’t do anything until we are on the clock with pick 48. See who’s there and see how desperate they become.

The latest being leaked is that the Dolphins will only give up the 2nd if they receive either another pick back, such as a 4t rounder, or receive a young player that helps build the team(not necessarily a starter, more likely a young developmental player at a position of need). It seems that Miami, if it comes to just a straight pick, would only offer a 3rd.

13 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

The latest being leaked is that the Dolphins will only give up the 2nd if they receive either another pick back, such as a 4t rounder, or receive a young player that helps build the team(not necessarily a starter, more likely a young developmental player at a position of need). It seems that Miami, if it comes to just a straight pick, would only offer a 3rd.

I would jump on the #48 for Rosen/#104 if they waited for the pick and all the Olinemen worth the pick are gone.  If say, McCoy was there, you can take him and deal the 3rd rounder.  Wilkins/McCoy/Rosen is a hell of a first 3 rounds if you could swing it.

2 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I've heard Miami is getting the Saints 2nd rounder next year for #48.

I honestly feel like we finally have a real front office.  Accumulating future picks is so smart.  And extra second rounders are GOLD.

this is fantastic.

2nd and 62 for 42 is much better value than Rosen.

Michael Deiter.

Solid

He was called out as a OC. Double digit starts at LT, LG, OC at Wisconsin. 

From NFL.com: "Plus awareness to pass and catch twisters"

So when the DL stunts, it'll look like he's seen that before instead of thinking he's witnessing some sort of magic trick for the first time.

Edited by freak_of_nature