Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

What do YOU want us to do with the fifth pick?

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think I'm in the 'trade back' crowd. I hope Haskins falls to us. Would be a madhouse.

I would love to trade back I just don't think its going to happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sryan66611 said:

I would love to trade back I just don't think its going to happen...

Nobody thought we'd be able to trade back with Bufflao last year. That was a pipe dream. They were either gonna trade with Denver or wait until after us.

Nobody ahead of us needs a QB. And the dline talent is really top heavy this year. There's always a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet we add a vet CB through a trade. Now I’d love for that to be Ramsey or Peterson but idk how realistic those players getting traded really is. We’ve got a young secondary. It only makes sense to bring in a vet, preferably a good one who knows the coaches.

With that said, the first pick needs to be Q. Williams or Ed Oliver. Doesn’t matter the scheme, add one of those guys with JPP and Vea and we’re cooking on the DL. If we view either prospect as elite you gotta take one at 5 unless the trade back is 1 or 2 spots to a QB needy team and it’s worth the gamble. Grab a guard or two in rounds 2-3 and we’ll get great value and hopefully a day one starter with both the picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Nobody thought we'd be able to trade back with Bufflao last year. That was a pipe dream. They were either gonna trade with Denver or wait until after us.

Nobody ahead of us needs a QB. And the dline talent is really top heavy this year. There's always a chance.

Yea that's true It could happen I guess now since Haskins is coming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think Jonah is the pick at 5 if he is there.  With Arians on board, it makes all the sense in the world.  If he gets past 3, no way they are trading down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I do think Jonah is the pick at 5 if he is there.  With Arians on board, it makes all the sense in the world.  If he gets past 3, no way they are trading down.

But what if Ed Oliver is there? (I’d assume Quinnen would be gone in this scenario.) If Oliver grades out better we should be taking him.

The interesting this is that free agency is over a month before the draft. We shouldn’t pigeon hole ourselves into having to take Jonah by not signing Smith, but at the same time do need to make a decision that will impact the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

But what if Ed Oliver is there? (I’d assume Quinnen would be gone in this scenario.) If Oliver grades out better we should be taking him.

The interesting this is that free agency is over a month before the draft. We shouldn’t pigeon hole ourselves into having to take Jonah by not signing Smith, but at the same time do need to make a decision that will impact the draft.

I really really struggle with paying 3 guys over 10 million from this oline.  I consider it bad cap mgmt.  They were horrid running the ball and both QBs made the oline look better in pass protection because of mobility.  Can you imagine how bad this oline would have looked with the mobility of Eli.

Normally, I would agree with you on focusing on one prospect above everyone else.  With all the prospects, I don t consider Jonah a reach at 5.  Also, with the lack of depth at LT in the draft, makes more sense to get the top prospect at a premium position and draft other positions that have more talent depth later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stated multiple times im all about def the last few days but if Smith is scheduled to get $15,000,000 plus on the tag might be a good idea to look at LT. Especially with the FA pool looking like it is going to he def heavy. Invest that $15,000,000 + on the def side in FA and grab the best LT. Could be better than Smith day 1 and the FA money invested could bring in a better def than we'd be able to draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deuces22wild said:

I've stated multiple times im all about def the last few days but if Smith is scheduled to get $15,000,000 plus on the tag might be a good idea to look at LT. Especially with the FA pool looking like it is going to he def heavy. Invest that $15,000,000 + on the def side in FA and grab the best LT. Could be better than Smith day 1 and the FA money invested could bring in a better def than we'd be able to draft.

Bucs will be fine drafting a rookie LT or signing someone else. Hope Licht does not sign that man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I've stated multiple times im all about def the last few days but if Smith is scheduled to get $15,000,000 plus on the tag might be a good idea to look at LT. Especially with the FA pool looking like it is going to he def heavy. Invest that $15,000,000 + on the def side in FA and grab the best LT. Could be better than Smith day 1 and the FA money invested could bring in a better def than we'd be able to draft.

Agreed 100%. Some good OTs in this class...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless, Jonah is there at 5 (unlikely), I agree with  bucfan333 trade down with either Denver or Washington for Haskins. Grab the best player available. I personally think O-line is our biggest need. Unfortunately, my gut is telling me Smith will get tagged. I'm hoping the new "ACCOUNTABILITY" mantra will embarrass him enough to not be so damn lazy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, thejedi41 said:

Unless, Jonah is there at 5 (unlikely), I agree with  bucfan333 trade down with either Denver or Washington for Haskins. Grab the best player available. I personally think O-line is our biggest need. Unfortunately, my gut is telling me Smith will get tagged. I'm hoping the new "ACCOUNTABILITY" mantra will embarrass him enough to not be so damn lazy....

ive been looking at a lot of mock drafts

and the majority i have seen do not have Jonah going in the top 5

 more like in the teens range

i know its early and all, but yeah if this turns out to be a thing then i wouldnt mind trading back either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

ive been looking at a lot of mock drafts

and the majority i have seen do not have Jonah going in the top 5

 more like in the teens range

i know its early and all, but yeah if this turns out to be a thing then i wouldnt mind trading back either 

Yah, lot of the draft community is split on him. Some think he'll be a mainstay at LT, some think he's better suited inside or at RT...

Just of note, Saban's staff at Alabama was planning to use him at center, but had to play him at LT due to need. Ended up being a good choice lol...

I don't think he's a top 5 lock though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×