Browns to name Freddie Kitchens as Head Coach

49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I hate to say this. But this is such a Clev move. I don’t love it. Is he a leader of men? I would have stuck with Greg as HC and Kitchens as OC. Why change with what worked? Now they’ll be looking for a new DC. 

Because the most important thing is the development of the offense. Kitchen keeps that. If not Kitchens is prolly gone next season. 

Is he a leader of men? He did a damn good job leading that offense. Made that offense a top5 DVOA offense under him. To me that was due to more than play calling. He knew how to talk to his positional coaches, the positional groups, and got the guys to buy into his ideas and scheme 

Just now, buno67 said:

Because the most important thing is the development of the offense. Kitchen keeps that. If not Kitchens is prolly gone next season. 

Is he a leader of men? He did a damn good job leading that offense. Made that offense a top5 DVOA offense under him. To me that was due to more than play calling. He knew how to talk to his positional coaches, the positional groups, and got the guys to buy into his ideas and scheme 

Idk. Many and many of you guys were saying the same thing about Rob Chudzinskey. The same thing you’re saying about Kitches was said about Rob. I know how hyped y’all were. Hey I wish this works out but seems like it’ll back fire. I hope not. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

Don't say "I hate to say this" and then proceed to obviously bash Cleveland. Just be who you are and embrace it.

As a pacers fan who had to hear the whole

Believeland thing! I wish nothing but the worse. As a humanitarian and football fan!? I wish y’all get out the hole. We both sucked so hard at the same time. We would go at it, at least I would with Mistake.. But it’s been so long. 

Just now, El ramster said:

Idk. Many and many of you guys were saying the same thing about Rob Chudzinskey. The same thing you’re saying about Kitches was said about Rob. I know how hyped y’all were. Hey I wish this works out but seems like it’ll back fire. I hope not. 

Who was hyped about Chud? Dude was literally the 8-9th option the browns had to settled for. 

Also a lot different because Kitchen has proven he can work with the talent and FO, that was his ace in the hole

23 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I hate to say this. But this is such a Clev move. I don’t love it. Is he a leader of men? I would have stuck with Greg as HC and Kitchens as OC. Why change with what worked? Now they’ll be looking for a new DC. 

If you dislike it then I know we made the right decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Who was hyped about Chud? Dude was literally the 8-9th option the browns had to settled for. 

Also a lot different because Kitchen has proven he can work with the talent and FO, that was his ace in the hole

I remember y’all hyped and not wanting him to leave as the offense was dynamic with him as OC. As a HC was a different story. Like I said I’m not a fan but only time will tell. If you’re happy with the move! Goff bless! You got your guy. 

Just now, DawgX said:

If you dislike it then I know we made the right decision.

Thinking about screen shotting this bad boy. But  I’m not losing any sleep over this. Heck mistake called Colt McCoy the next Drew Brees. I know what’s up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Thinking about screen shotting this bad boy. But  I’m not losing any sleep over this. Heck mistake called Colt McCoy the next Drew Brees. I know what’s up. 

Just giving you a hard time. 😘

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

This guy was QB position coach like 2 months ago right?  He might be a smart playcaller and gameplanner, but there's a big difference in being ready to run everything as Head Coach IMO.

RB coach. Although he has worked as a QB coach when he was with Arizona under Arians.

Browns made a mistake by not promoting Kitchens over Williams earlier in the season, otherwise they could have probably still kept Williams on as DC and rolled with Freddie like nothing ever happened.

Either way I think this is a decent hire all things considered.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting

The last time I can remember something like this happening, the 49ers offered Gase the HC job on the condition that he retain tomsula as DC. That pretty much ended up being a disaster for everyone lol

But honestly, it's good that McCarthy declined. It may not work out with kitchens, but that would have made the situation awkward from the jump.