Mort says it's Freddie

ReggieCamp

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Freddie is bizarro Hue Jackson.  He's everything Hue wasn't.  Accountable.  Relatable and authentic.  What a refreshing change of pace.  The only thing they did wrong in the hiring process was making it take as long as it did to land on Kitchens.  He had me at his first interview after his first week as OC. 

I was in love as soon as he was asked what his plan was for jumpstarting the offense and he mentioned the wishbone as a joke and then went out and ran it the following Sunday.

That and clarifying that he didn’t have any HC jobs after Gregggggg made mention of all his offers.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Freddie is bizarro Hue Jackson.  He's everything Hue wasn't.  Accountable.  Relatable and authentic.  What a refreshing change of pace.  The only thing they did wrong in the hiring process was making it take as long as it did to land on Kitchens.  He had me at his first interview after his first week as OC. 

And it's not just Freddie.  All our key guys are "comfortable in their own skin."  Freddie, Dorsey, and Baker are all salt of the earth types.

I'm just amazed at the difference in the whole organization when I compare them to some of the tools of the past (Hue, Alec Scheiner, Holmgren, etc.).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

And it's not just Freddie.  All our key guys are "comfortable in their own skin."  Freddie, Dorsey, and Baker are all salt of the earth types.

I'm just amazed at the difference in the whole organization when I compare them to some of the tools of the past (Hue, Alec Scheiner, Holmgren, etc.).

This might sound silly, but it’s what you said originally. Guys that act like douchebags lack confidence. Bakers confidence is unmatched. Freddie doesn’t care. Dorsey has a incredible track record and KNOWS he will make the right move more often times than not.

Personality wise, all 3 are perfect for this franchise. Freddie knows how to work with Baker and there’s mutual admiration and respect. Baker comes across as a guy who will go to war for you if you know how to talk to him and respect him. I feel like Haley and Hue were personality nightmares for a guy like Baker. Hue did not respect Baker and Haley had no idea how to talk to Baker.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This might sound silly, but it’s what you said originally. Guys that act like douchebags lack confidence. Bakers confidence is unmatched. Freddie doesn’t care. Dorsey has a incredible track record and KNOWS he will make the right move more often times than not.

Personality wise, all 3 are perfect for this franchise. Freddie knows how to work with Baker and there’s mutual admiration and respect. Baker comes across as a guy who will go to war for you if you know how to talk to him and respect him. I feel like Haley and Hue were personality nightmares for a guy like Baker. Hue did not respect Baker and Haley had no idea how to talk to Baker.

Freddie is old (a year younger than me...eye roll) and should have learned (most seem to never learn it, however) that honesty is endearing. You have to be able to accept that you aren't always going to please everyone and you can't deny that you are imperfect but man it makes life easier and people respect you for it. When I was 23 I was still trying to make people believe that I was greater than I was. Now, this is what you get. I'm not as tough as I thought I was at that age. I'm not as smart as I thought I was. I'm not as brave as I thought I was. I also don't worry about stupid stuff like I had to back then.

Hue has to live a stressful life trying to keep his illusion that he is generally great. Freddie probably is much more relaxed with himself and Baker is too. I'm proud to have those types of men leading my organization. I really hope both turn out to be great. Great role models, and I know a lot of people would say crotch grab, running from police, sideline ******* show etc... but honesty is hard to find especially with the more successful you get and we need those types of role models in our world. Take notice politicians.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Freddie is old (a year younger than me...eye roll) and should have learned (most seem to never learn it, however) that honesty is endearing. You have to be able to accept that you aren't always going to please everyone and you can't deny that you are imperfect but man it makes life easier and people respect you for it. When I was 23 I was still trying to make people believe that I was greater than I was. Now, this is what you get. I'm not as tough as I thought I was at that age. I'm not as smart as I thought I was. I'm not as brave as I thought I was. I also don't worry about stupid stuff like I had to back then.

Hue has to live a stressful life trying to keep his illusion that he is generally great. Freddie probably is much more relaxed with himself and Baker is too. I'm proud to have those types of men leading my organization. I really hope both turn out to be great. Great role models, and I know a lot of people would say crotch grab, running from police, sideline ******* show etc... but honesty is hard to find especially with the more successful you get and we need those types of role models in our world. Take notice politicians.

I rewatched the Hue vs Haley talk on Hardknocks. I read a comment that described it best. Both of them had to go.

well well well. look who's sitting in that chair now. the only man who talked in this video that actually has sense. Hue was one extreme: give anybody the day off who asks for it. todd haley was a totally opposite extreme: practice no matter what. freddie kitchens takes the perfect middle path approach: don't put at-risk players...well, at risk with physical practices. but at the very least require them to fulfill as many obligations as they possibly still can without compromising their health, so that they don't get complacent and fall behind while they're out. he's gonna be a great head coach.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I rewatched the Hue vs Haley talk on Hardknocks. I read a comment that described it best. Both of them had to go.

Hue says, we're gonna do it my way because I sit in this chair and says if there is something we can do better I'll listen and lets do it better. As long of course if it is his way. So glad to be done with his double talk.

• Like 1

In that conversation. 

Freddie was reasonable, I think he wanted guys locked in mentally. Hue didnt understand him. 

Haley has an important point, football is a tough sport and you have to be on point. It seems like he was just saying to confront hue though.

Hue cant handle two concepts in his mind at the same time. Prevent injury through correct usage, and keeping people locked in mentally. Instead of discussion it is just his fairly tale bs about what @Thomas5737 pointed out.