Mort says it's Freddie

ReggieCamp

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We need a thread where people can put it out there that they don’t like this hire. So I can know the members who hate that we’re headed towards Super Bowl(s) and also just know in general who I no longer like around here. 

sam darnold/josh mcdaniels people should double self identify

• Like 2

You guys know that I’m not the biggest fan of this hire. Like it don’t love it. BUT one thing I’m hyped about is it sounds like Freddie will report to Dorsey and not Haslam. Why is that huge?  Because that makes Freddie Dorsey’s guy and Haslam did not force him on him. I was a little nervous that Haslam would force the next coach on him and have Dorsey resign. Love Dorsey and don’t want to lose him. Got this from here:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

You guys know that I’m not the biggest fan of this hire. Like it don’t love it. BUT one thing I’m hyped about is it sounds like Freddie will report to Dorsey and not Haslam. Why is that huge?  Because that makes Freddie Dorsey’s guy and Haslam did not force him on him. I was a little nervous that Haslam would force the next coach on him and have Dorsey resign. Love Dorsey and don’t want to lose him. Got this from here:

I was just going to post that. 

Jimmy is finally starting to learn!

• Like 1

the part talking about listening to everyone’s idea. That is a strong leadership quality IMO. Don’t accept that you think your the smartest person in the room. Listen to everything then decide if they are good or bad

seemed like hue hated hearing suggestions from others. Like his greatest fear was someone might have a better idea than him. Like the whole Hardknocks scene. Allowing the positional coaches to decide the reps and who rests was the best idea but it wasn’t Hue’s so he didn’t want to hear it

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

Freddie has his own version of a chip on his shoulder.  No wonder he and Baker get along:

“I didn’t have a dad as a coach. I didn’t have a starting point in this league. I grew up the son of a tire maker at the Goodyear Tire and Rubber plant in Gadsden, Alabama.

“(Dr.) Benjamin E. Mays said, ‘Those who start behind in the game of life must start running faster to catch up.’ I feel like I’ve been running fast my whole life. That’s the way it’s going to continue. Whether it’s here or what, I’m just here to do a job right now this week and this year.”

https://www.news-herald.com/sports/browns/new-browns-boss-freddie-kitchens-has-been-working-to-become/article_5d32a158-1431-11e9-8b62-4b0df1a9704c.html

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Welcome to the party.

I’ve always liked him but hearing stories like him dressing up as Santa for some players’ kids and worrying about getting picture for his daughter as he is literally flirting with dying. 

You just see more and more of his personality and to me, it just proves why he deserves the shot at HC. He is the perfect combo of a players coach and disciplinarian 

• Like 1