Broncos name Vic Fangio their next Head Coach

49erurtaza

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who do you guys hire as a DC now? Someone on staff or look elsewhere? 

I mean Todd Bowles was the favorite among us...but that seems to be locked in. I think we'll have the pick of quite a few guys just because of how attractive a job it is. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean sure, but not like the talent is going anywhere. The Bears are going to be a beast unit as long as they have Mack/Hicks/Jackson/LB core/Fuller/etc playing at a high level. 

No doubt about it. It will be maintaining that level of play that will be the biggest challenge. Just look at the Vikes and Jags defense from this year to last year. A decline, even if small like in the Vikings case this year, is inevitable. 

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

I mean Todd Bowles was the favorite among us...but that seems to be locked in. I think we'll have the pick of quite a few guys just because of how attractive a job it is. 

Hopefully you guys keep a similar scheme. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wow, had no idea. Then he's coming to Denver. One of the best secondary coaches in the business. Him and Fangio are essentially a package deal at this point. 

Not if we pay him a ton to bring him to SF! I was unaware that Donatel was a FA. Go get that man, Shanny! 

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Vance would seem to fit the mold of what Fangio is leaving behind fairly well, at least. 

Just now, Forge said:

Vance would seem to fit the mold of what Fangio is leaving behind fairly well, at least. 

Yeah that would certainly fit the mold. We're going to have to dig into Nagy's background too and see who we come up with. 

as i said in the broncos thread:

Damnit.  Good for you guys.  He's probably the best defensive X's and O's guy in the NFL.  I don't know that he's got the motivational qualities that you may want from a coach,l but as far as scheme goes, you wont go wrong with him. 

I do think of the HC hires so far, this is probably the best one.  That says more about the other hires than it does this one.

Archived