2019 FA TALK!!!

Pastor Dillon

14 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

another head scratchier. This doesn't seem to make any sense. 

Texans TE group struggled with run blocking last year and Fells excels at it. Not exactly an inspiring signing, but it makes sense I think. Also, if Thomas or Akins show a big leap in their pass catching abilities it does make Griffin expendable. 

• Like 1

So we still have $46M to spend (second only to Colts IIRC).... not saying we have to go full weekend in Vegas... but I would love to see

DE Darius Philon (5 years, $20M) only 25 and a decent pass rusher for the Chargers

RB Corey Grant (2 years, $5M) homerun hitter and special team returner

QB Geno Smith (1 year, $2M) insurance

QB / WR / ST Joe Webb (2 years, $2.5M) depth & J-I-C QB

I would really hope the team signed Jamie Collins.  He would be an all-around tool RAC could use anywhere on the defense.  BUT he is referred to as too much of a freelance artist.

I could also see the team bringing back Glover Quin (almost a lock if he played ST) or bringing home George Iloka (Kempner's finest).

Then on draft day (I know we have another thread for this only)

Trade 1-23 + 2-55 to ATL for 1-15 + 4-117

1-15 Andre Dillard, T, Washington

Trade 2-54  + 2020 3rd to GB for 2-44

2-44 Garrett Bradbury, IOL, NC State

3-86 Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston

4-117 Ben Banogu, Edge, TCU

Trade 5-161 + 6-195 to NYG for 4-132

4-132 Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame

7-220 Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

Ship!

I'm amazed we've done nothing to address the Oline. I would even be okay if we just fired Mike Devlin. Under his tutelage he hasn't developed a single talent or improved not one guy. We might have everything we need on the line but no matter what he trots out there, it's always a failure. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

I'm amazed we've done nothing to address the Oline. I would even be okay if we just fired Mike Devlin. Under his tutelage he hasn't developed a single talent or improved not one guy. We might have everything we need on the line but no matter what he trots out there, it's always a failure. 

i said the exact same thing on twitter.  Under O'Brien we have not developed a single offensive lineman. O'Brien inherited a good OL when he became our HC and he completely ruined it since he has been here.

11 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

*3rd  after Teyana Taylor.

No thanks, Upton and Webb have her beat to me. Heck, I'd say Ashley Marie (Deshaun Watson's girlfriend) Daniella Rodriguez (the future Mrs. Carlos Correra) Kealia Ohai (the future Mrs. JJ Watt) give her a fight for the 3/4/5/6 spot. 7-25 is one of the ladies James Harden frequents over at Harlem Knights...

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 9:30 AM, ET80 said:

AJ McCarron coming in for a visit. On the plus side, his wife is 2nd only to Kate Upton for players' wives in Houston.

So, that's a silver lining.

Is she the one Brent Musberger spent an entire Alabama national TV game creeping on?

Anyway, McCarron is fine as a backup. Would have preferred someone better able to emulate Watson's scrambling ability so the offense had to adjust less, but McCarron is a better option than Weeden.

• Like 2