2019 FA TALK!!!

Pastor Dillon

4 hours ago, tab said:

feels pretty quiet compared to the past few years. Would have thought they'd have signed somebody on OL

Yeah, agree. The OL and CB market have been silent for the most part, time to find your deals now...

Now that Lev Bell set the pace at RB, it would be good to bolster depth at the spot. Tevin Coleman is my choice.

10 hours ago, mse326 said:

This makes me feel a LOT better about this signing. If Gipson can take out guys like Gronk, Ebron, Kelce, Henry, Howard (all on the docket this season) and we don't have to use other players to cover them - this is a great value signing for us.

We've never been able to cover TEs, save for that one season when we put AJ Bouye on elite TEs. If Gipson can do this, we're in a good spot defensively.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

This makes me feel a LOT better about this signing. If Gipson can take out guys like Gronk, Ebron, Kelce, Henry, Howard (all on the docket this season) and we don't have to use other players to cover them - this is a great value signing for us.

We've never been able to cover TEs, save for that one season when we put AJ Bouye on elite TEs. If Gipson can do this, we're in a good spot defensively.

Gibson is a lot better in coverage than he is in run support. 

19 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Any idea to who?

Buffalo is the most common name popping up. There's an unnamed NFCW team as well - the Rams tried to make an offer during the season, but that never materialized.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Buffalo is the most common name popping up. There's an unnamed NFCW team as well - the Rams tried to make an offer during the season, but that never materialized.

Just curious as to where you are hearing this as we havent heard a thing on our side?

Edited by soflbillsfan

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ugh. What's the point of saving all of this money if we're NOT going to use it? 

What if Cal McNair isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and plans to literally spend money on things since he heard spending money improves your team? "This new gold-plated Maybach is nice, but my team is terrible. People lied to me!"

Edited by Texans02
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

If those rumors are true then the scenarios are...

Rams if they offer their first round pick, (31st overall).

Seahawks if Frank Clark gets traded elsewhere and they offer their first, (20th overall), OR they just swap Clark for Clowney straight up.

Arizona if they offer their second, (33rd overall).

7 hours ago, mse326 said:

Mark Ingram's contract was only 3/$15M. We definitely could have and should have done better than that.

Missed opportunity for sure.