Its Time to Switch Back to a 4-3 and Hire Gregg Williams as DC

MKnight82

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

True. But see bolded. Say what you want about Sashi Brown, but with his analytics approach, he did put them in the position they needed to be to cash in on all those picks. And they are reaping the benefits this year and next too. I wish our team did that.

You could honestly say that that also came from DePodesta, who is from the baseball team that pioneered sabermetrics and analytics, and DePodesta is still with the team and heavily involved in their brain trust- though Dorsey retains ultimate authority.  

Either way, it would be great if our front office were to embrace that, but we're stuck in the period of dinosaurs while other teams are going to space.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You could honestly say that that also came from DePodesta, who is from the baseball team that pioneered sabermetrics and analytics, and DePodesta is still with the team and heavily involved in their brain trust- though Dorsey retains ultimate authority.  

Either way, it would be great if our front office were to embrace that, but we're stuck in the period of dinosaurs while other teams are going to space.  

Good point. I had forgotten about him!

One thing that occurred to me as I was driving in this morning and listening to JFK talking about Williams: I don't think Jay Gruden wants Gregg Williams here.

Think about it. The only guys with any head coaching experience are Bill Callahan and Jim Tomsula. Who are the guys who are trying to get out of Ashburn? Callahan and Tomsula. If they depart, Jay has an easier time of finishing out the 2019 season since there is not someone who can easily step up and take over as an interim HC. If Williams is here, a replacement is already in house to shove Jay out of the way.

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

One thing that occurred to me as I was driving in this morning and listening to JFK talking about Williams: I don't think Jay Gruden wants Gregg Williams here.

Think about it. The only guys with any head coaching experience are Bill Callahan and Jim Tomsula. Who are the guys who are trying to get out of Ashburn? Callahan and Tomsula. If they depart, Jay has an easier time of finishing out the 2019 season since there is not someone who can easily step up and take over as an interim HC. If Williams is here, a replacement is already in house to shove Jay out of the way.

If that's the case then they need to go with a young up and comer at DC to give us a fresh perspective.  Sticking with Manusky is just stupid.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

If that's the case then they need to go with a young up and comer at DC to give us a fresh perspective.  Sticking with Manusky is just stupid.  

Your Washington Redskins! *jazz hands*

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Jay has always been about his job security.  Also, even though Callahan and Tom Sula had underwhelming head coaching careers, they've also been around great organizations and cultures and know that this is approaching the end very fast.  Time to get out ahead of the inevitable crash, if you will. 

27 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Jay has always been about his job security.  Also, even though Callahan and Tom Sula had underwhelming head coaching careers, they've also been around great organizations and cultures and know that this is approaching the end very fast.  Time to get out ahead of the inevitable crash, if you will. 

Ya all of this is pointing to 2019 being a complete disaster for the Redskins.  

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

They certainly know that it's coming to a collision and they don't want to be left holding the bag.

Archived