Its Time to Switch Back to a 4-3 and Hire Gregg Williams as DC

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

They certainly know that it's coming to a collision and they don't want to be left holding the bag.

Is it me or does it just feel like Bruce and Jay are trying to get one more year's worth of pay from Dan before they're all fired?  I mean everyone knows 2019 is going to be a trainwreck, even they have to see it at this point.  Well everyone but Dan Snyder.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Is it me or does it just feel like Bruce and Jay are trying to get one more year's worth of pay from Dan before they're all fired?  I mean everyone knows 2019 is going to be a trainwreck, even they have to see it at this point.  Well everyone but Dan Snyder.  

That would be as good of an explanation as any.  There have got to be other people who can help Dan get his stadium in NOVA other than a guy who has political connections through his brother.  

Who knows, maybe ALLEN is the one holding the Donald Sterling-esque secret that could force Snyder to sell the team #plottwist

Just now, MKnight82 said:

If you're going to be throwing out 90s references you're going to get gif responses.  I mean you've been around long enough to know that.  

Absolutely. But in response to being complimented for being compared to Guster and Jim by using Ice Cube directly? That's a bit braggadocios, wouldn't you say?

Just now, MKnight82 said:

It almost feels like a game at this point.

Bruce: Okay, I managed to shiv the only competent football mind in the front office. He's got to fire me now, right?
Jay: Eh, I dunno.
Bruce: Hmm ... what if I call Cousins "Kurt" all the time like I don't know his name and drag him in the media?
Jay: That could work. I'll try to stir up some distraction from the inside.

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

That would be as good of an explanation as any.  There have got to be other people who can help Dan get his stadium in NOVA other than a guy who has political connections through his brother.  

Who knows, maybe ALLEN is the one holding the Donald Sterling-esque secret that could force Snyder to sell the team #plottwist

Hell, I'd be fine with that. I'd still make sure Allen goes away, but if he's got the goods, then by all means share them.

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

So we really are interviewing candidates before letting someone go, or at least the desire is there to do so. 

Jesus, I am not a Manusky fan but I feel bad for him at this point.  This is a terrible way to conduct business.  

On one hand: Manusky is horrible as a DC.

On the other: The way this is being handled is "Your Washington Redskins! *jazz hands*" at it's finest.

My guess as to what is going to happen is that Williams is going to interview then turn down the gig. So, they'll look like even bigger choads.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

On one hand: Manusky is horrible as a DC.

On the other: The way this is being handled is "Your Washington Redskins! *jazz hands*" at it's finest.

My guess as to what is going to happen is that Williams is going to interview then turn down the gig. So, they'll look like even bigger choads.

I know there’s a lot of stuff going on in that building that makes us scratch our heads, but what the “heck” kind of conversation has to happen to talk themselves into thinking they can make a run at Gregg Williams? 

Jay Gruden couldn’t bring himself to give Wade Phillips a fair interview for fear of his own job. Hope he tries that with Williams and gets his rear end handed to him. 

This team doesn’t deserve Gregg Williams

We’ve interviewed candidates while still having people in their jobs for over a decade. Why change now? lol 😂 

Shanahan & Allen were interviewed & rumored it was a done deal in Sept or Oct of 09 just as the season was starting for Zorn.

Archived