Its Time to Switch Back to a 4-3 and Hire Gregg Williams as DC

MKnight82

On 1/10/2019 at 10:33 PM, bigdog44 said:

I know there’s a lot of stuff going on in that building that makes us scratch our heads, but what the “heck” kind of conversation has to happen to talk themselves into thinking they can make a run at Gregg Williams? 

Jay Gruden couldn’t bring himself to give Wade Phillips a fair interview for fear of his own job. Hope he tries that with Williams and gets his rear end handed to him. 

This team doesn’t deserve Gregg Williams

And it was a slam dunk hiring, Wade's son Wes was the tight ends coach and he wanted to coach with his son again.  Real dumb move by Gruden, but it just goes to show you his hubris in his offensive system, which hasn't lived up to the hype while he's been here.  Our best year was when he gave the playcalling over to someone else. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Yep. This is rock bottom lol

This my friend isn’t rock bottom just wait until the draft and they sign some career year free agent who’s never been what he was last year and they will suck. We have a ways to go!!!!!

3 minutes ago, 4209 said:

This may be premature but you could Williams possibly be the next man up if Gruden continues to be a failure. 

If he is indeed taking an interview with the Redskins, anything can happen at that point.  Allen and Snyder could even promise that to him, though if I were Williams, I would be hesitant about anything promised by Daniel Snyder after what happened last time. 

22 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Gregg Williams as DC is not enough to get me excited. An assistant coach isn’t enough to change the institutional chaos that persists. 

And please never forget that the defense wasn’t the issue. 

The institutional chaos that persists can only be fixed by one man.  And it doesn't look like he's going to be fixing it anytime soon, especially since Snyder is hyper-aware of the #FireBruceAllen movement. 

16 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Is it possible that Williams comes here. Next year, Jay is let go. Williams is named Head Coach?

And, is that why Joe Gibbs was in the house with all the Eagles Fans at their 9th home game? Cause Joe Gibbs held Williams in high regard. 

I think Gregg might come here because he sees that as a possibility.  There isn't a team in the league dysfunctional enough to have Williams as their HC, except for the Redskins.   

Archived