DEN hires CHI DC Vic Fangio as HC

Broncofan

I'm actually happy with the hire. Or, at least, I think it will be fine. Kubiak IS an elite OC despite the odd organization structure Elway has created. The Falcons wanted to bring him in and we are lucky to have him on our staff. But yeah it's still an alarming situation with Elway essentially keeping full control of the coaching again. So that's probably not great. 

Given that Elway's job security rests on this hire, I expected to them to go with the safer choice of the two remaining candidates, namely Munchak.

Fangio might turn out to be a positive surprise, but just like Jordan B. Peterson would say: Do what everyone else does unless you have a really good reason not to. Does Elway have his?

Why hasn't Fangio garnered much interest in the past? Why has he never been among the finalists for a HC position?

Strange, strange hire.

And we do not even have the guys in place to make is system run smoothly.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I'm actually happy with the hire. Or, at least, I think it will be fine. Kubiak IS an elite OC despite the odd organization structure Elway has created. The Falcons wanted to bring him in and we are lucky to have him on our staff. But yeah it's still an alarming situation with Elway essentially keeping full control of the coaching again. So that's probably not great. 

This is where I tend to go. I do think they need to modernize the offense. However, if you talk to McVay, he basically says his offense is based off of the Shanahan/Kubiak offense. So its not like the the system needs to be scrapped. It just needs to be cleaned up. Hopefully, they can bring in a young mind to help shape the offense

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

And more importantly, the QB evaluation.  Hopefully they have learned from the past much like how Elway’s past draft struggles culminating in 2017 led him to overhaul his draft strategy.   If they have maybe there’s hope.  If they haven’t this hire cycle won’t matter as much either way.   The fact Elway hasn’t ceded any overall control is concerning given the results that method created the last 2 years (2016 was inevitable after our loss of talent I will give a pass there). 

I do look forward to Fangio’s pressers if we struggle on O.   Entertaining as h*** if nothing else lol. 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And more importantly, the QB evaluation.  Hopefully they have learned from the past much like how Elway’s past draft struggles culminating in 2017 led him to overhaul his draft strategy.   If they have maybe there’s hope.  If they haven’t this hire cycle won’t matter as much either way.   The fact Elway hasn’t ceded any overall control is concerning given the results that method created the last 2 years (2016 was inevitable after our loss of talent I will give a pass there). 

I do look forward to Fangio’s pressers if we struggle on O.   Entertaining as h*** if nothing else lol. 

HAHA... hopefully we can get Mike Singletary interesting. "Can't Do it"

Ya, the structural idea of seperating accountability for Defense and Offense is going to be a disaster.

I actually like Vic, but I expect this to crash and burn. You need someone at the top accountable, someone who cant shift the blame. Thats the point of a HC. No finger pointing, the **** rolls uphill. That sort of thing.

This makes 2019 about one thing, Elway. He has made himself the accountable partner in my eyes. Should this idea of two kings not work, he should be the one to hold all the blame, and be held accountable in the same way a HC would be. If this doesnt work, like a HC that failed, he should get the boot. Its all on him now.

Archived