DEN hires CHI DC Vic Fangio as HC

Broncofan

1 hour ago, copeland said:

I see it quite differently in light of this information. It tells me that during the coaching search, they didn’t present the job as pre packaged with Kubiak written in as the OC, and Elway left it to the new coach to have final say on his staff. Both good moves, and contradictory to what the media was writing and most were assuming.

Good post!

I mentioned yesterday that this entire thread is speculation based on media speculation. Kinda' like old ladies sitting around gossiping at afternoon tea.

Now, based on the speculation we've got guys beating up Elway as a fool, refusing to wear Bronco's apparel and so on. It's really beyond ridiculous at this point. 

Just based on facts what do we really know.

1) Elway offered Fangio the job and he accepted. Wonderful! Great hire IMO

2) Fangio and Kubiak chatted for about an hour. "Hey Gary, hows things" "Not bad Vic, good to see ya" "So Gary,  you really interested in this OC gig?" " aw, not really Vic, but if I can help in any way"  Obviously the chat is speculation but every bit as credible as anyone elses.

3) Kubiak says he's not joining the staff.  (See the speculative chat above)

IMO the only fools in this whole scenario are the reporters who kept posting their speculation as fact. Of course thats where 21st century journalism seems to have gone anyway now isn't it.

Anyway, keep this thread open for comic relief and maybe start a new one, "The search for coaching staff begins"

Wasn’t aware of Munchaks contract. Thanks for the info. 

I just heard a rumor from Rapoport we’re trying to trade for Antonio Brown. What a great move, bring in an aging, high-priced lockerroom cancer and give up valuable draft capital in doing so. And on a team with no QB, no OC and a rookie HC. 

Win now, Elway, win now! This will make the trust happy, that’s for sure. 

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I just heard a rumor from Rapoport we’re trying to trade for Antonio Brown. What a great move, bring in an aging, high-priced lockerroom cancer and give up valuable draft capital in doing so. And on a team with no QB, no OC and a rookie HC. 

I'd be so mad

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I heard that rumor as well.  Gross

10 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Here we go again. Please stop! Based on a rumor you've moved right away into Elway bashing. C'mon man!

15 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd be so mad

10 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I heard that rumor as well.  Gross

I don’t think 1.10 would be a realistic scenario.  

But if Elway says it’s win now - and we need a WR1 with Sanders very much in doubt to be that guy (and we have to decide way before we know how the recovery is going on guaranteeing the 2020 salary)....it’s not a crazy scenario we’d be interested.   

The thing is though that 7-8 other teams at minimum will likely be thinking the same thing.    It’s not like there’s hard discussions yet.  They are just connecting the dots on likely suitors. 

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

Here we go again. Please stop! Based on a rumor you've moved right away into Elway bashing. C'mon man!

Hey now it was on Twitter and they can’t put it on Twitter if it’s not true! 

All kidding aside, Rapoport is a legitimate source (as Klis, Renck, Schefter, et al that reporters the Kubes to be OC news) and thus this is a valid subject for us to discuss. 

And it’s not “Elway bashing” to voice the opinion that a certain move would be a mistake. 

13 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

All kidding aside, Rapoport is a legitimate source (as Klis, Renck, Schefter, et al that reporters the Kubes to be OC news) and thus this is a valid subject for us to discuss. 

And it’s not “Elway bashing” to voice the opinion that a certain move would be a mistake. 

Well this is just pure speculation and it’s only Rapsheet.   With Kubiak as OC it was straight from Klis, Renck and all the local guys plugged into the team, so  we know Klis and Renck are reliable not just some of the time.  They’re plugged in.  And we also know the team denied Kubiak OC interview requests from other teams until now.   That’s very different in terms of verification in today’s world.   Comparing this piece to Kubiak is a couple of orders of magnitude off in scale. 

But this is pretty much a silly season piece that’s unconfirmed and just talking about potential interest.   Until I hear it from Klis / Renck (or they confirm something from Jhabava / Paige / Allbright as they have pretty solid connections) it’s just noise.  It makes sense we might be interested but so will 7-8 teams.   And it always comes down to price.  

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

But what discussion can we have? Lets see, " the Steelers agree to send AB to the Broncos for their 7th rd pick and a bag of Skittles" . Wonderful move, jump on it!

Or, " The Bronco's offered their 2019 1st and 3rd for AB". Terrible idea, our FO just lost their minds.

Pick one.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well this is just pure speculation and it’s only Rapsheet.   With Kubiak as OC it was straight from Klis, Renck and all the local guys plugged into the team, so  we know Klis and Renck are reliable not just some of the time.  They’re plugged in.  And we also know the team denied Kubiak interviews until now.   That’s very different in terms of verification in today’s world.   Comparing this piece to Kubiak is a couple of orders of magnitude off in scale. 

But this is pretty much a silly season piece that’s unconfirmed and just talking about potential interest.   Until I hear it from Elway it’s just noise.  It makes sense we might be interested but so will 7-8 teams.   And it always comes down to price.  

Fixed it for you.

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Fixed it for you.

Given Klis acts as the org mouthpiece and Renck is also plugged in I’m good with them - but it’s got to be hard confirmation.  Not just discussing a rumor.  Your call on your end, but even they are just commenting on this one.  It’s just a puff piece. 

Just now, Broncofan said:

Given Klis is the org mouthpiece and Renck is also plugged in I’m good with them.  Your call on your end.  

Oh yeah, those are the guys that were spot on on the dual HC, Kubiak, Fangio scenario. Got it!

Reminds me of a saying, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

For what it's worth.

14 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Oh yeah, those are the guys that were spot on on the dual HC, Kubiak, Fangio scenario. Got it!

Reminds me of a saying, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

For what it's worth.

Klis calls the draft picks well before they are announced by a time, he calls the VJ fire well before the announcements are made, the trades that we make before they are announced, and yes, the HC hires.  All stuff only a reporter who has direct access to Elway can report reliably time and again.   And it's been that way for years.  Renck is usually behind, but also ahead of formal announcements.

So, the alternative explanation is - Elway was in fact responsible with the breakdown of the Fangio/Kubiak OC hire, either by not being on board with Kubiak's plan once outlined, or not verifying Fangio was fully on board with Kubiak making O decisions ahead of time..  You just don't choose to believe that, which is fine.   But you're also saying that it's gotta be that Klis is wrong here - but meanwhile, we know he was right all those other times.  Never mind the fact Elway denied OC interviews with other team requests (which is confirmed).

Listen, I get you like to see the brighter side of things.  I respect that, and it's not easy to be the minority voice.   But that doesn't mean everyone else needs to agree, either.    Given what we know about Klis & Renck's reliability here, I know which side I'll go with.   For what it's worth.

Archived