DEN hires CHI DC Vic Fangio as HC

Broncofan

As Woods isn’t returning - his search for work looks like he’ll land on his feet as a DB coach if DC work isn’t there.   

Say what you will about him not working out with us as a DC - he’s a helluva DB coach.   Wish him well.   

On another front - Kugler’s heavily in demand, he left Tampa without signing   Seems like MIN & ARI are next up.   That would be a fantastic hire for them.  MIN’s OL got ravaged by injuries but what really hurt was losing OL Coach Greg Schiano in TC to a heart attack.   Several of the OL who were healthy  weren’t nearly as good this year.   Kugler would be a massive upgrade on either team.   

22 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

One other thing - anyone who thinks that Kubiak wouldn't want Dennison and Pariani really does not know the guy.

No matter where he ends up (if he does get an OC gig) - those two will be there if they want to be.

In all fairness, Dennisons a pretty good OL coach and Pariani's not bad with TE's. Wouldn't want either one as an OC though.

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As Woods isn’t returning - his search for work looks like he’ll land on his feet as a DB coach if DC work isn’t there.   

Say what you will about him not working out with us as a DC - he’s a helluva DB coach.   Wish him well.   

On another front - Kugler’s heavily in demand, he left Tampa without signing   Seems like MIN & ARI are next up.   That would be a fantastic hire for them.  MIN’s OL got ravaged by injuries but what really hurt was losing OL Coach Greg Schiano in TC to a heart attack.   Several of the OL who were healthy  weren’t nearly as good this year.   Kugler would be a massive upgrade on either team.   

They lost Tony Sparano not Greg lol. Greg is still a dc somewhere I believe. 

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

They lost Tony Sparano not Greg lol. Greg is still a dc somewhere I believe. 

I always get those names 2 mixed up.   The “Schiano man” video always sticks in my memory bank.  But thx for the pickup lol.   

Well, now that the smokes cleared I've got to say I really like the hire. Fangio's approach is detailed, disciplined, and stresses player development. No more inmates running the asylum. This will be Fangio's team for better or worse.

The next few weeks should be real interesting as he fills out his staff. The next few years should also provide some great "postgame pressers"

I also like how Elway went about his business. Went through the process, picked the HC he liked best out of several qualified candidates, then stepped aside. I think he knows who's team this is also. I'm sure thats one of the reasons he hired him.

Archived