Browns Relieved DC Gregg Williams

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I think his stock has improved over this interim stint.

Maybe, he’s pretty much a known entity at this point though I’d imagine.

Scream, curse a lot, make bold claims as to how many job offers he’s had, brag about his experience, name drop, blitz a lot, give 12 yard cushions, play a FS 25 yards off the LoS.....

He’s consistent.

I dont feel bad for him

His defenses couldnt stop a screen if their lives depended on it.

First year he found success in stopping AB by using a S super deep and decided playing Peppers 20 yards off the LOS was a great thing to do against every single team. This strategy works if A) the other team has no TEs B) Jamie Collins decides he wants to show up that week and be elite and C) Gregg didnt blitz him.

He talks a big game on toughness and discipline but his defenses in Cleveland never really seemed to get the basics down like tackling.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Strange... I would've thought one of the advantages to Kitchens was retaining Gregg?

The dynamics wouldn't work in the building is the thought, also Gregg isnt a great DC, he is a better HC.

If you need a HC I dknt think Gregg is a bad option, he sets the right attitude in the room, gets guys motivated, he just doesnt have the mind for the nfl imo, he is a dumb, tough guy, Pete Carroll.

55 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Strange... I would've thought one of the advantages to Kitchens was retaining Gregg?

Most Browns fans weren't interested in retaining him even as a DC. First, it would likely be a weird dynamic with Freddie getting promoted and Gregggggg getting demoted. I think he's pretty much universally appreciated for what he did as interim HC, but his defenses were just maddening at times. Not the worst DC, but he's far from being a great DC as well.

22 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

I dont feel bad for him

His defenses couldnt stop a screen if their lives depended on it.

First year he found success in stopping AB by using a S super deep and decided playing Peppers 20 yards off the LOS was a great thing to do against every single team. This strategy works if A) the other team has no TEs B) Jamie Collins decides he wants to show up that week and be elite and C) Gregg didnt blitz him.

He talks a big game on toughness and discipline but his defenses in Cleveland never really seemed to get the basics down like tackling.

This is an example of a fan having some underlined grudge with Williams. He did way more good than any coach that's been around in a long time.

- It should have already been evident why Williams played his safeties so deep (He didn't trust his cornerbacks), knowing football, that is a declaration that he refused to be deep, why whine about that?

- Why criticize Williams because Jamie Collins was a fraud? and False, he blitzed Collins all the time he 4 sacks and 7 other pressures with 13 tfls, come on bro

- The issue with him I guarantee is the fact that he talked tough which is hilarious, what else was he supposed to do? His talentless defense (outside of Garrett and Schobert) had us in position to win a couple game in the 0-16 year which you seen to forget, and the fact that they never gave up which was a reflection of who he is as a person. Also how the team rallied around him and played with "Toughness" and "Discipline" (cutting their penalties in half) and a lot of the missed tackles were from the biggest fraud of a player in Jamie Collins.

- Listen, you may not like his schemes, but I just can't sit and let you unfairly slander the man.

Archived