Kris Richard - The Watch Is Over

WizardHawk

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

i would like to think he would stay and see it thru, but yeah, I was thinking the same thing. 

Honestly, either way it kind of stinks. Richard doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would just check out, but there isn't a person on the planet who locks down a promotion at another job who doesn't lose at least a small edge in their current gig.

3 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I thought in these situations they kind of had to stay until we get bumped out. I mean he is under a current contract. Nothing says he can't resign I guess. Would be very unprofessional though.

You're right, he can't sign a new contract until his league year is over, which is if/when the Cowboys lose

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
This is going to sting I'm afraid.

Unfortunately i think there is probably too much smoke here to not be true. 

Your watch threads are death sentences. I miss Dez. Wish you would start an SL watch thread.

''

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
This is going to sting I'm afraid.

Unfortunately i think there is probably too much smoke here to not be true. 

Anyway,

FRISCO - Interest from other NFL teams in search of a head coach is an obstacle to the Dallas Cowboys retaining top defensive assistant Kris Richard, of course. But another potential obstacle that is commonly in play in these matters -- ego -- has been eliminated.

"I’ll do whatever the Cowboys need to be done for us to keep Kris Richard,'' defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli tells me in an exclusive visit. "I only care about 
what’s best for the players. I don’t care about titles. Having Kris here is best for the players. That’s all I am in favor of.''

I mean it’s not surprising that Rod said he would do whatever needed done. He’s at the end of his rope. Everyone here and outside Dallas know that KR is a huge reason the defense play is up this season. Rod is behind the times and simply needs to step down and retire and let KR have the title and assistant head coach. 

1 hour ago, TheBeast23 said:

I mean it’s not surprising that Rod said he would do whatever needed done. He’s at the end of his rope. Everyone here and outside Dallas know that KR is a huge reason the defense play is up this season. Rod is behind the times and simply needs to step down and retire and let KR have the title and assistant head coach. 

Lol. This is such a crappy take. 

We added talent this year, along with finally realized the fruits of our labor (Greggory, Jaylon) and held teams to exactly 1 less TD for the entire year. We were a top 10 defense last year too in games that Sean Lee played. We just didnt have any depth. 

I am not diminishing what Richard has done with our secondary. I am just countering this ridiculous notion that Rod is some washed up old hag. 

Archived