Kris Richard - The Watch Is Over

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Lol. This is such a crappy take. 

We added talent this year, along with finally realized the fruits of our labor (Greggory, Jaylon) and held teams to exactly 1 less TD for the entire year. We were a top 10 defense last year too in games that Sean Lee played. We just didnt have any depth. 

I am not diminishing what Richard has done with our secondary. I am just countering this ridiculous notion that Rod is some washed up old hag. 

I completely agree. Rod may look like he’s a physically frail and brittle man, but he isn’t washed up by any stretch. In my opinion, the newfound success in the secondary is because his and Richard’s schemes complement each incredibly well. I think it’s more of a synergy than a potential replacement.

Well. I believe Richard was a huge help because he brought a sense of accountability to game day more than anything else    

Yes his reputation helped the young core focus and improve but i think what helped also just as much was redefining the rolls and simplifying everything no more what am I a safety a cb. Let them learn one thing and learn it well.

Foing forward JG needs to take notice that the young guns of his secondary responded well to being held accountable. This is one weakness if JG as noted a lot here why we have the clapper he is a player coach not a disciplinarian no right no wrong but either way you at times need both especially in game day as well as practice.  Though any more the hold accountable is usually coming from the vets on the team.  We just don’t have that kind of vet right now as we still are the youngest team in the league I think. Zeke seems to be assuming this and maybe Colombo on the sidelines as well 

4 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

I mean it’s not surprising that Rod said he would do whatever needed done. He’s at the end of his rope. Everyone here and outside Dallas know that KR is a huge reason the defense play is up this season. Rod is behind the times and simply needs to step down and retire and let KR have the title and assistant head coach. 

Yeah, this is pretty bad. There aren't many who have had the success RM has and finding a better DL coach isn't going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, quiller said:

Well. I believe Richard was a huge help because he brought a sense of accountability to game day more than anything else    

Yes his reputation helped the young core focus and improve but i think what helped also just as much was redefining the rolls and simplifying everything no more what am I a safety a cb. Let them learn one thing and learn it well.

Foing forward JG needs to take notice that the young guns of his secondary responded well to being held accountable. This is one weakness if JG as noted a lot here why we have the clapper he is a player coach not a disciplinarian nonroght nonwring but either way you at times need both especially in game day as well as practice.  Though any more the hold accountable is usually coming from the vets on the team.  We just don’t have that kind of vet right now as we still are the youngest team in the league I think. Zeke seems to be assuming this and maybe Colombo on the sidelines as well 

I disagree with this as well. Garrett goes to great lengths to avoid saying or doing anything infront of a camera that will create a headline. He knows where he coaches and its his job to not create a media circus (a la Tomlin). There have been plenty of players who have said he is a much different person behind close doors. Including Dez. Just because you dont see the discipline doesnt mean its not there.

6 hours ago, textaz03 said:

If KR does indeed get the gig, where do we go from there? Promote Ben Bloom? Look to the outside, who though? 

Brent Venables would be call #1 for me and I'd do whatever necessary to get him to come aboard.

I've seen mention of Chargers DB coach Ron Milus. Would be his first crack at DC.

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Lol. This is such a crappy take. 

We added talent this year, along with finally realized the fruits of our labor (Greggory, Jaylon) and held teams to exactly 1 less TD for the entire year. We were a top 10 defense last year too in games that Sean Lee played. We just didnt have any depth. 

I am not diminishing what Richard has done with our secondary. I am just countering this ridiculous notion that Rod is some washed up old hag. 

That’s a fine take I just personally believe that Rod is past his prime and I wanted him gone years ago. Depth or no depth I don’t think over night Rod would have done the same. Not atleast progress like they have in my opinion 

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yeah, this is pretty bad. There aren't many who have had the success RM has and finding a better DL coach isn't going to happen. 

I’m not discrediting his success and having JAG at dline I just think it’s time for him to go with the NFL heading towards offense heavy coaches it’s nice to somehow keep KR a younger hungry DC but as we can see it’s not going to happen 

1 hour ago, TheBeast23 said:

That’s a fine take I just personally believe that Rod is past his prime and I wanted him gone years ago. Depth or no depth I don’t think over night Rod would have done the same. Not atleast progress like they have in my opinion 

He did do it overnight. 2013 was terrible, then we cut players and expected to be ALL time worst defense. Rod took over the defense and we went 13-3 with a decent defense. Weve continued to improve each and every season under him. This year we gave up literally 8 total point across 16 games than last year... 

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We blitz a lot more under Richard. So without him we go back to blitzing 17% like 2017.

Well maybe not. If it's only Rod in charge maybe he will increase or Richards replacement will. No way to know for sure until the time arrives next season.

Archived