GameDay Thread: Patriots vs. Chargers

DoleINGout

I hope it's fk freezing. 

I'm seeing a lot of 'its a bad matchup for the Pats O'. I don't get that...it's not the worst matchup for us - the ball will be out quick,  if they put 7 small people on the field, we'll run it, and it doesn't matter that they have a Gronk-plan, coz Gronk hasn't been Gronk anyway. They have good players, and are more talented - THAT'S the issue. 

boy am I nervous....more so than usual.

Hopefully the bye gave Tom's knee some much needed recoup time, as well as Gronk. I'm not expecting anything close to prime Gronk, but a couple big plays would be nice so they at least have to think about doubling him. 

13 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I never really bought into the knee injury for Brady as a serious ailment or legitimate cause for concern but the week off should help regardless.

I thought his throws looked quite a bit different after the supposed knee injury. He had plenty of zip on the ball early in the season IIRC, but the past few weeks his throws seems to float a bit, like he couldn't really step into the throw 100%.

33 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I thought his throws looked quite a bit different after the supposed knee injury. He had plenty of zip on the ball early in the season IIRC, but the past few weeks his throws seems to float a bit, like he couldn't really step into the throw 100%.

I noticed it like eveyone else but I thiught it was more mental than physical. Like he was so concentrated on one thing in his mechanics that he was neglecting other aspects that were important and then the gameflow/scoreboard got in his head and affected his concentration.

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I noticed it like eveyone else but I thiught it was more mental than physical. Like he was so concentrated on one thing in his mechanics that he was neglecting other aspects that were important and then the gameflow/scoreboard got in his head and affected his concentration.

I hope you're right and he figured it out....because our red zone efficiency was kiling us

Archived