THE QUES T FOR T HE COACH H ATH ENDE D

buno67

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I know Ryan Lindley has done pre-draft QB work, but I really hope we can get a more proven coach as QB coach for Baker, especially one that also has experience with play design and play-calling.

I've already heard Baker jab Lindley for posting a 0 TD: 7 INT season. It would be great to bring in a respected QB coach who's resume (playing or coaching-wise) Baker could revere and respect.

Dude. I feel like you crap on every Browns move or even thought of moves, and who the F cares about Lindley's 0-7 season. If Baker can't have respect for him because of that then Sean Payton, Jason Garrett, Doug Peterson, Frank Reicht, hell Freddie never even took a snap in the NFL. "Failed" NFL QB's have always made great coaches. Not everyone is cut out make it in the NFL as a player. Not everyone can coach. I think Lindley is a fine hire.

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Dude. I feel like you crap on every Browns move or even thought of moves, and who the F cares about Lindley's 0-7 season. If Baker can't have respect for him because of that then Sean Payton, Jason Garrett, Doug Peterson, Frank Reicht, hell Freddie never even took a snap in the NFL. "Failed" NFL QB's have always made great coaches. Not everyone is cut out make it in the NFL as a player. Not everyone can coach. I think Lindley is a fine hire.

For your young franchise QB starting his 2nd year in the NFL who's development is the singular most important thing to think about for this franchise in decades, please inform me which of the following is better:

1.) A well-respected QB coach with play-calling and play design experience, with multiple QB developmental successes to point to and use as teaching tools for the QBs in his position group

-OR-

2.) A former NFL QB who's done pre-draft prep work with College QBs, who's only Coaching experience was this year where for half the year he was a graduate assistant at San Diego St. (his alma mater) and the other half of the year coaching in the NFL as a RB Coach .... oh and by the way said new coach was an NFL Quarterback who didn't see the game well or process the game well, had terrible eyes and egregious mental errors and inaccuracy with suspect talent surrounding him

???

-----------

My point is that these hires are Critical and tremendously important not that good coaches don't come from average players. Lindley has no coaching experience to fall back on for analysis as his most recent connections to Quarterbacking is his play career and his pre-draft QB work.

"Lindley is a fine hire" you say ... excuse me for thinking that at the highest level of Quarterbacking League possible that it might be in our best interest to look beyond Lindley for a mentor and teacher that can shepherd our most valued asset through the most critical years of his development.

Also, the "Baker jabbing Lindley" thing wasn't meant to suggest Baker dislikes or doesn't respect Lindley but that when hard times come and the pressure cooker is on, an elite, experienced QB coach that had successful past QBs call Baker at the start of the QB coach-QB relationship to assure him of the valuable teaching soon to come, or a QB coach who's reputation of success proceeds him setting a firm foundation to build trust on that Baker can easily access such things might earn that QB coach longterm buy-in from Baker in ways that create a sustainable relationship even in through the rough times that are sure to come. After all, in my mind, we should be attempting to provide Baker with a longterm mentor-partnership relationship with the Coach that he's going to spend the most time and confide in the most.

Omg im kinda agreeing with @Mind Character on this one. We need some leadership among the coaches with such a young team and QB. Baker our lord and savior might need that QB coach who is going push him rather one he thinks he’s better then. If I was Kitchens I would call up Brett Favre. See if he can’t come down and settle baker down. Favre is some hell for sure respect and also someone who will call him out. 

23 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Who is going to be DC?

a 43 guy who is comfortable running man and zone 

lol I can’t find any good candidates 

Cover 2 without ward and man coverage with him is what I want.

1-1 cover corners tends to be more important in a 3-4 it seems

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Cover 2 without ward and man coverage with him is what I want.

1-1 cover corners tends to be more important in a 3-4 it seems

yeah Ward is at best in man 

Wilks is straight zone he didn't use PP correctly in AZ big reason they wanted him gone

I dont want to see the same happen to Ward which is why I'm not down for Wilks

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I know Ryan Lindley has done pre-draft QB work, but I really hope we can get a more proven coach as QB coach for Baker, especially one that also has experience with play design and play-calling.

I've already heard Baker jab Lindley for posting a 0 TD: 7 INT season. It would be great to bring in a respected QB coach who's resume (playing or coaching-wise) Baker could revere and respect.

I think Freddie has earned Baker's trust, or else he wouldn't have gotten the HC gig. If he trusts Freddie, he'll trust Freddie to hire the right man for the job.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

For your young franchise QB starting his 2nd year in the NFL who's development is the singular most important thing to think about for this franchise in decades, please inform me which of the following is better:

1.) A well-respected QB coach with play-calling and play design experience, with multiple QB developmental successes to point to and use as teaching tools for the QBs in his position group

-OR-

2.) A former NFL QB who's done pre-draft prep work with College QBs, who's only Coaching experience was this year where for half the year he was a graduate assistant at San Diego St. (his alma mater) and the other half of the year coaching in the NFL as a RB Coach .... oh and by the way said new coach was an NFL Quarterback who didn't see the game well or process the game well, had terrible eyes and egregious mental errors and inaccuracy with suspect talent surrounding him

???

-----------

My point is that these hires are Critical and tremendously important not that good coaches don't come from average players. Lindley has no coaching experience to fall back on for analysis as his most recent connections to Quarterbacking is his play career and his pre-draft QB work.

"Lindley is a fine hire" you say ... excuse me for thinking that at the highest level of Quarterbacking League possible that it might be in our best interest to look beyond Lindley for a mentor and teacher that can shepherd our most valued asset through the most critical years of his development.

Im not saying you’re wrong, but experienced doesn’t always equal good.

Lindley may be young and inexperienced (despite probably 15 years of quarterbacking experience both as a player and a coach) but it’s possible he knows what the hell he’s talking about too.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Also, the "Baker jabbing Lindley" thing wasn't meant to suggest Baker dislikes or doesn't respect Lindley but that when hard times come and the pressure cooker is on, an elite, experienced QB coach that had successful past QBs call Baker at the start of the QB coach-QB relationship to assure him of the valuable teaching soon to come, or a QB coach who's reputation of success proceeds him setting a firm foundation to build trust on that Baker can easily access such things might earn that QB coach longterm buy-in from Baker in ways that create a sustainable relationship even in through the rough times that are sure to come. After all, in my mind, we should be attempting to provide Baker with a longterm mentor-partnership relationship with the Coach that he's going to spend the most time and confide in the most.

Solid points, but I’m sure Baker won’t be confiding in many people besides the HC, perhaps the OC.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The most important offensive coach that osnt the OC is the oline coach, Wylie was decent, unless there was a faction for hue or hayley it was a stupid firing. 

Why do we think Wylie was this great OL Coach? He was here for two seasons. ‘17 season the OL looked like trash except for Bit and a healthy JT. Tret and Z didn’t look like anything special last year. The beginning part of the season, again the OL looked like garbage. Outside of Bit. The minute Baker and freddie came in that’s when the OL’s ability took over. If scheme and blocking concepts really changed the way the OL performed, why the hell wasnt Wylie Banging on the table to change those schemes? Because Wylie was a Hue guy and just listened to him. 

Yeah he was great on Hardknocks but I don’t care if my OL coach or weird/different like he came off as. 

Wylie is very replaceable 

Archived