THE QUES T FOR T HE COACH H ATH ENDE D

buno67

One OC candidate I would potentially like is Sean Ryan from the Texans. He is the QB coach for the Texans. So being promoted to OC but not being a play caller would still be a step up for him. He has experience of being a QB and WR positional coach. So he can make an impact coaching QBs and WRs while he can’t call plays. He is a younger guy so he could take over as playcaller in the future  when Freddie sees him fit. He would be hired away quite quickly if there is success with him tho. 

Another guy that could be lucky for us, I would love it some how we could get Tom Monken to be say OC or maybe even QB coach. He prolly be here for only a year but he would be a huge hire for just a single season. I think he has the offensive background that would be great for Baker too

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

One OC candidate I would potentially like is Sean Ryan from the Texans. He is the QB coach for the Texans. So being promoted to OC but not being a play caller would still be a step up for him. He has experience of being a QB and WR positional coach. So he can make an impact coaching QBs and WRs while he can’t call plays. He is a younger guy so he could take over as playcaller in the future  when Freddie sees him fit. He would be hired away quite quickly if there is success with him tho. 

Wasn’t he linked to us last year when we hired Haley?

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wasn’t he linked to us last year when we hired Haley?

Yeah, It was said they wanted someone with playcalling experience. 

I just hope they don’t combine QB coach and OC together. Get as many good coaches in the doors. Get as many perspectives and knowledgeable you can. 

The one thing I like about Arians going to TB, he hired a lot of guys with connections to Freddie. To me I kinda like that becuase it means it won’t be buddy buddy with everyone and not just potential yes men. 

Like the whole issue on hard knocks. The guys who actually stood up to Hue and made great coaching points and  criticism were non hue guys. 

One coach maybe who gets brought back Is QB coach David Lee. He worked with Freddie when they were both on the Cowboys in ‘06. He would be a vastly amount of experience to the QB coach position if they don’t want a green coach In Lindley. 

Man, just looking at that 06 Dallas coaching roster, Parcells sure knows how to pick out coaches. Should give us more confidence in Freddie,

Lynn

Haley

Kitchens

Sparano

Zimmer

Bowles 

Pasqualoni

MacIntyre

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

One coach maybe who gets brought back Is QB coach David Lee. He worked with Freddie when they were both on the Cowboys in ‘06. He would be a vastly amount of experience to the QB coach position if they don’t want a green coach In Lindley. 

Man, just looking at that 06 Dallas coaching roster, Parcells sure knows how to pick out coaches. Should give us more confidence in Freddie,

Lynn

Haley

Kitchens

Sparano

Zimmer

Bowles 

Pasqualoni

MacIntyre

Oh god no. 

I think lindley is getting move up to qb coach. 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Oh god no. 

I think lindley is getting move up to qb coach. 

I think that’s the favorite but was thinking he might want a guy who has more than half a season of NFL coaching experience. Lindley went from be a graduate assistant at SDST in ‘17 to coaching with the Browns. Lindley made sense because he couldn’t get anyone better at the time but he should be able to get a good one now

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Pagano would a good get is suppose, but I’d love to see some up-and-comers added to this staff and not just a bunch of old retreads.

1 - I think having a D Coordinator with head coaching experience will be a good thing for Freddie.  Also Arians was one of Freddie mentors and speaks so highly of Pagano it might be a mutual trust.

2 - This is the thing that scares me.  Doesn't Pagano run primarily a 3-4?

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

1 - I think having a D Coordinator with head coaching experience will be a good thing for Freddie.  Also Arians was one of Freddie mentors and speaks so highly of Pagano it might be a mutual trust.

2 - This is the thing that scares me.  Doesn't Pagano run primarily a 3-4?

And he's the one who ran the Indianapolis defense into the ground for Eberflus to make this remarkable turn around.

5 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

And he's the one who ran the Indianapolis defense into the ground for Eberflus to make this remarkable turn around.

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone wants Pagano. He is in that list of uninspiring guys like Jim Caldwell. I can't forget how bad the Colt defense was with this defensive "guru". 

Archived