Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Just Want A Title

Offensive Coordinator Interview Update

Recommended Posts

Is there an update on who the Lions have interviewed or are planning to interview for their OC position?  I read an article today that Jeff Davidson is sitting in on the interviews. 

The only name that I have heard is a sleeper candidate:  Duce Staley, RB coach for the Eagles.  What has everyone else heard?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MortexLion said:

Petersen? Shaw? 

Why would they leave for a coordinator position? 

I feel like we will end up with someone from the Patriots, as our quest to become Patriots-Lite continues. 

Edited by Lions017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this a little while ago:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/report-steve-sarkisian-nathaniel-hackett-in-the-mix-for-lions-offensive-coordinator/

I might be OK with Nathaniel Hackett.  Trying to build an offense around Blake Bortles and a mediocre set of WRs would be tough for anyone.  I am definitely not jazzed about Steve Sarkasian.  The Atlanta offense took a step back under his guidance.  I am not expecting an offense like the Saints or Rams but it would be nice to have something close to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I saw this a little while ago:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/report-steve-sarkisian-nathaniel-hackett-in-the-mix-for-lions-offensive-coordinator/

I might be OK with Nathaniel Hackett.  Trying to build an offense around Blake Bortles and a mediocre set of WRs would be tough for anyone.  I am definitely not jazzed about Steve Sarkasian.  The Atlanta offense took a step back under his guidance.  I am not expecting an offense like the Saints or Rams but it would be nice to have something close to that.

I think that I would prefer Hackett over Sark (in a huge way). Blake Bortles is not anywhere close to the caliber of Matthew Stafford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I think that I would prefer Hackett over Sark (in a huge way). Blake Bortles is not anywhere close to the caliber of Matthew Stafford.

I would as well. Both seem to be terrible option. Not what I would call inspiring 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Godsey. 

Hackett or Sarkasain wouldn't thrill me. But I'm not rolling in my grave like I will if George Godsey is promoted. I like Sarkasain the best because he's come from a multi-checkered back ground in football (NFL/NCAA/CFL). Both are better than a promotion from within for a yes man(Which I really thought Lions where going to do with Godsey and was considering dropping the fan hate and putting all Lions gear away and in the shed)

If we hire Hackett, I think Lions need to seriously consider spending money/resources on the O-line. His offense won't work without an effective physical run game, honestly might consider another running back in the mid rounds or decent FA signing. Sarkasain to me, is a little more flexiable and unpredictable with his game plan, will air it out slightly more. 

*IDOG has to be rubbin his eyes out reading this stuff but... Kliff Kingsburry, Great idea my man, but too innovative for the Lions. You'll catch on. I literally have more faith in the both of us as far as player personnel/draft for the Lions than their actual staff, lol. An like, I mean it. A Brain trust of five experienced posters, (Some don't like eachother but who cares when it's football/business), I'm personally thinking of can/could prolly out draft the Lions currently. These guys with the jobs, have no idea how lucky they really are imo. 

Edited by SimbaWho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Roman was bumped up to Ravens OC. Not that he was a leading candidate but there's at least another guy off of the block for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping for a guy that isn't generating a lot of buzz in the press but seems like a good fit:  Indianapolis Colts Assistant QB Coach Marcus Brady.  His bio makes him seem like a good fit because of his balanced attacks.  Working with Frank Reich for a year seems like a plus as well.  A link to his bio is below:

https://www.colts.com/team/coaches-roster/marcus-brady

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid Lions dropped the ball. Should have hired Vance Joseph for DC. His style fits well with Patricia’s. That might have enticed Kubiak to come as OC. Also, we let Koetter go to Atlanta. I’m not thrilled with any of the options out there right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HashtagFTW said:

Stupid Lions dropped the ball. Should have hired Vance Joseph for DC. His style fits well with Patricia’s. That might have enticed Kubiak to come as OC. Also, we let Koetter go to Atlanta. I’m not thrilled with any of the options out there right now. 

I don't see Patricia ever bringing in a big name to run the defense. I can't imagine him being willing to give up enough control to really entice a guy like Joseph to come in and work with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×