Offensive Coordinator Interview Update

Just Want A Title

Is there an update on who the Lions have interviewed or are planning to interview for their OC position?  I read an article today that Jeff Davidson is sitting in on the interviews. 

The only name that I have heard is a sleeper candidate:  Duce Staley, RB coach for the Eagles.  What has everyone else heard?

I saw this a little while ago:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/report-steve-sarkisian-nathaniel-hackett-in-the-mix-for-lions-offensive-coordinator/

I might be OK with Nathaniel Hackett.  Trying to build an offense around Blake Bortles and a mediocre set of WRs would be tough for anyone.  I am definitely not jazzed about Steve Sarkasian.  The Atlanta offense took a step back under his guidance.  I am not expecting an offense like the Saints or Rams but it would be nice to have something close to that.

5 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I saw this a little while ago:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/report-steve-sarkisian-nathaniel-hackett-in-the-mix-for-lions-offensive-coordinator/

I might be OK with Nathaniel Hackett.  Trying to build an offense around Blake Bortles and a mediocre set of WRs would be tough for anyone.  I am definitely not jazzed about Steve Sarkasian.  The Atlanta offense took a step back under his guidance.  I am not expecting an offense like the Saints or Rams but it would be nice to have something close to that.

I think that I would prefer Hackett over Sark (in a huge way). Blake Bortles is not anywhere close to the caliber of Matthew Stafford.

George Godsey. 

Hackett or Sarkasain wouldn't thrill me. But I'm not rolling in my grave like I will if George Godsey is promoted. I like Sarkasain the best because he's come from a multi-checkered back ground in football (NFL/NCAA/CFL). Both are better than a promotion from within for a yes man(Which I really thought Lions where going to do with Godsey and was considering dropping the fan hate and putting all Lions gear away and in the shed)

If we hire Hackett, I think Lions need to seriously consider spending money/resources on the O-line. His offense won't work without an effective physical run game, honestly might consider another running back in the mid rounds or decent FA signing. Sarkasain to me, is a little more flexiable and unpredictable with his game plan, will air it out slightly more. 

*IDOG has to be rubbin his eyes out reading this stuff but... Kliff Kingsburry, Great idea my man, but too innovative for the Lions. You'll catch on. I literally have more faith in the both of us as far as player personnel/draft for the Lions than their actual staff, lol. An like, I mean it. A Brain trust of five experienced posters, (Some don't like eachother but who cares when it's football/business), I'm personally thinking of can/could prolly out draft the Lions currently. These guys with the jobs, have no idea how lucky they really are imo. 

I am hoping for a guy that isn't generating a lot of buzz in the press but seems like a good fit:  Indianapolis Colts Assistant QB Coach Marcus Brady.  His bio makes him seem like a good fit because of his balanced attacks.  Working with Frank Reich for a year seems like a plus as well.  A link to his bio is below:

https://www.colts.com/team/coaches-roster/marcus-brady

7 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I wouldn’t mind that at all. Also Kubriak is now available. He’s not going to be he OC for the Broncos anymore. I’d definitely take him. 

Stupid Lions dropped the ball. Should have hired Vance Joseph for DC. His style fits well with Patricia’s. That might have enticed Kubiak to come as OC. Also, we let Koetter go to Atlanta. I’m not thrilled with any of the options out there right now. 

1 hour ago, HashtagFTW said:

Stupid Lions dropped the ball. Should have hired Vance Joseph for DC. His style fits well with Patricia’s. That might have enticed Kubiak to come as OC. Also, we let Koetter go to Atlanta. I’m not thrilled with any of the options out there right now. 

I don't see Patricia ever bringing in a big name to run the defense. I can't imagine him being willing to give up enough control to really entice a guy like Joseph to come in and work with him. 

Archived