Offensive Coordinator Interview Update

Just Want A Title

Hmm kind of out of left field to me. Not surprised we hired the guy who made the worst call maybe ever in Superbowl history. (hahaha)

Seriously. Idk, could of done worst. Some of us were realistic from the start and knew a hire with a west coast/spread type offense where we air it out was never, ever, in the cards. 

Hope they bring in more linemen/another RB if they're going with this style of play. Also should think about trading Stafford, no need for a near 30 million dollar QB if you style is ball control imo. 

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Hmm kind of out of left field to me. Not surprised we hired the guy who made the worst call maybe ever in Superbowl history. (hahaha)

Seriously. Idk, could of done worst. Some of us were realistic from the start and knew a hire with a west coast/spread type offense where we air it out was never, ever, in the cards. 

Hope they bring in more linemen/another RB if they're going with this style of play. Also should think about trading Stafford, no need for a near 30 million dollar QB if you style is ball control imo. 

Pete Carroll made that call from all I have read. 

People think Stafford will be under utilized but Wilson put up good numbers in his offense.  He has never had a QB that I am aware of that has the skill set Stafford has.  Wilson is a great QB but very different skill set. Will be interesting to see if running the ball was his only style or if it was his only real option with what he had.  fingers crossed.

I think many are over looking the great and balanced offenses he put together between his time in MN and Seattle. He coached Brett Favre during 4 of his most productive years (between GB and MN) then was part of the coaching staff that drafted and cultivated Wilson.

I also read his style is more a west coast brand of offense if everything is equal.

19 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Pete Carroll made that call from all I have read. 

People think Stafford will be under utilized but Wilson put up good numbers in his offense.  He has never had a QB that I am aware of that has the skill set Stafford has.  Wilson is a great QB but very different skill set. Will be interesting to see if running the ball was his only style or if it was his only real option with what he had.  fingers crossed.

I think everyone can agree Russell Wilson is more unique than Stafford. It's hilarious your going to seriously act like Russell Wilson doesn't have an arm. Like, really... really funny. 

I'm not even going to argue the point that one was under a rookie contract with money spent everywhere else and Staffords taking up 20% of our cap to produce less cause... You want to knit-pick your arguements instead of look at reality for what the Lions are and the hill they need to actually climb.

Who cares who made the call it was a light-hearted joke. It's hard to laugh with people though slim when you've got vendettas against them over previous arguments. Like how good Andre Drummond is.  

9 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I think everyone can agree Russell Wilson is more unique than Stafford. It's hilarious your going to seriously act like Russell Wilson doesn't have an arm. Like, really... really funny. 

I'm not even going to argue the point that one was under a rookie contract with money spent everywhere else and Staffords taking up 20% of our cap to produce less cause... You want to knit-pick your arguements instead of look at reality for what the Lions are and the hill they need to actually climb.

Who cares who made the call it was a light-hearted joke. It's hard to laugh with people though slim when you've got vendettas against them over previous arguments. Like how good Andre Drummond is.  

I hope that last part is another light hearted joke. 

But yes, Wilson is a great QB, but I don't think he can throw it 40 times a game and be successful.  Yes, there are different scenarios, yes the team around them is different including not having AP or Marshawn Lynch to lean on.  All I am saying is maybe he did what was best for his team, and has the ability to adapt to what he has here.  I am not confident in it, but still trying to be hopeful.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:04 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I hope that last part is another light hearted joke. 

But yes, Wilson is a great QB, but I don't think he can throw it 40 times a game and be successful.  Yes, there are different scenarios, yes the team around them is different including not having AP or Marshawn Lynch to lean on.  All I am saying is maybe he did what was best for his team, and has the ability to adapt to what he has here.  I am not confident in it, but still trying to be hopeful.

LOL, yeah someone can get internet sarcasm though I was hoping you'd freak out. lol. Is that trolling? A MOD! 

Really though the crux of my argument is Staffords not really that guy either man. He throws forty times a game cause we're in big trouble and prolly making a comeback vs sustaining a lead. I get it, he throws ALOT but we're losing ALOT. I kind of agree with local media that the staff/organization is realizing that Stafford really isn't the arm you can rely on to totally lift your team up and might be better off managing the rock and letting Stafford take calculated shots down field. 

Maybe your right with a balanced attack the throws Stafford does make might be more effective, who knows. I don't know about most people but I'm actually not upset with the hire. He seems like a quality coach at least imo, IDK if he's great but they could of done so much worst. Lions staff at least has winning pedigree tied to them even if it's been on the coat-tails of other pretty good head coaches. 

Get Stafford an oline he can trust and he'll be just fine.

Every game last year he was protected well, he played good to great.

His efficiency was fantastic when we started to resemble something of a run game, despite ultra conservative play calling....meaning, I thought there were tons of opportunities to take more advantage of PA, which Stafford had something like a 112 rating. Never mind having overall below average receiver play for most of the year.

Archived