Byron Leftwich to call plays

bucsfan333

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

There it is. The biggest question we all had left.

It s a balls move, really surprising because Goodwin is also on the staff.  Arians must think Byron is a star.  My gut tells me this offense is going to be Monkenesque tossing the ball around the field when the HC is the QB whisperer and his OC is a former QB in the league.  Goodwin is going to be on the head set, "hey, guys running plays are still allowed".

There's gonna be a ton of pressure on Leftwich if you ask me. The GM putting all the faith in Jameis, with all the offensive weapons and the 3rd ranked offense in 2018. I know he was fired in Arizona along with Wilks, but that doesn't concern me. 

If he does well, he'll be the Bucs head coach in 3-5 years, or a head coach somewhere else. If he does bad, he'll go back to being a QB coach or along those lines.

I'm glad Arians isn't calling the plays though, so he can focus on running the team. 

Whether Kitchens was in the initial plan or not Arians must have a good bit of faith in Leftwich. I have no doubt Arians will be hugely involved in the game plan each week and Leftwich won’t call a conservative game. Will be easy to see what exactly it looks like, but with Arians tutoring him each week it’s gonna look different than it did in AZ last year.

8 minutes ago, ScuB29 said:

We all agree that the Arizona Cardinals was not a perfect place to start his coordinator career, rookie qb, no oline, no BA behind him too.. im sure BA will take him under is arm and help him a lot!!

It's early and a lot can change in a year. But it sounds like he'll be getting HC interviews next year.

Archived