True Detective Season 3

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, braylon said:

Liked it, didn't love it. People putting it in the same stratosphere as Season 1 are crazy. It's slightly better than Season 2, doesn't even come close to sniffing Season 1.

I guess I'm sniffing because I'm putting it there with Season 1. Contrary to popular belief Season 1 was not perfect.

• 2 years later...

Watching this on the free weekend for HBO Max via YTTV.  I've watched seasons 1 and 2, and 1 is one of the best ever.  I'm in Ep. 5 now (Yeah, late to the game, and most of you have filed this series in your long term memory.)

Absolutely some great acting this season.  I've got a recommendation for those of you who've loved "True Detective."  An Australian series, "Mystery Road."  It is, IMHO, very similar to "True Detective".  There are two series of the show that have been made, along with two films that preceded the series.  

The first one was called Mystery Road, and is free on Youtube.  

The second one was called "Goldstone" and is free on Tubi.

The two series of the show are available on AcornTV.  https://acorn.tv/mysteryroad/  (My favorite streaming service.) 

I'm looking forward to seeing where these last 3 episodes of TD are going to take me.

Glad all of you enjoyed it.   

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

@Bucketheadsdadi hope AcornTV sends you royalty checks as much as you support them!  I respect your dedication!

TD s3 is fantastic!

You've obviously not discovered my thread on Australian Rules Football in the "other sports section." 🤣  That's my real passion.

I have told my wife that if we have to cut down to just a couple of services, it'd be Acorn (cha ching) and Curiosity Stream.  (I'd get vetoed, though, as she watches neither of them.)

Stayed up WAY too late last night, and I'm watching Ep. 8 of TD right now.  Love seeing 

Spoiler

Michael Rooker

making an appearance.  I know it is pretty "Merley" in the morning, but it is nice when he makes an appearance.

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1