True Detective Season 3

J-ALL-DAY

There are also little clues in the conversation between Hays and the female interviewer.

Something bad happened to Woodard. Not very surprising considering the town folks don't trust him. 

Something happens in 1990 between Julie and her dad which made Hays leave.

The interviewer says "the sheer number of fatalaties surrounding this case". 

Why cant Pizzolatto just step back. I have much more faith in Saulnier directing than Pizzo boy. By all accounts he is a huge doucher who is hard to work with and tries to do 'too much' on screen. Lets hope he suprises us.

IMO Saulnier is more talented a director than Pizzolatto a writer. I wont be suprised if TD S1 is Pizzolatto's 'one hit wonder'. He did after all help write The Magnificent Seven. Saulnier on the other hand has not touched anything that has turned out sour.

Edited by BroncosFan2010

21 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

MO Saulnier is more talented a director than Pizzolatto a writer. I wont be suprised if TD S1 is Pizzolatto's 'one hit wonder'. He did after all help write The Magnificent Seven. Saulnier on the other hand has not touched anything that has turned out sour.

I think that most agree that S1 of True Detective was a work of Fukunaga's visuals and the skill of McConaughey/Harrelson to pull off some iffy dialog (you can see how off it is with the other characters)

Season 2 had too much story going on, so the bad dialog showed through, even though you had 4 very good actors giving it their all.

SO it remains to be seen if the story is focused enough, and Ali/Dorff are good enough to make us forget how bad Pizzolatto is at writing human interaction.

(not completely knocking him, he is great at writing out an actual story, and leaving clues and strands to bigger ideas. Its just like he has no real friends and doesnt have a clue how people actually interact.)

Edited by StLunatic88

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, Chinaski_86 said:

Why was "should" misspelled in the letter send to the family? It really stood out.

because it was less letters, imagine cutting out letters from a magazine then taping them to a piece of paper without getting your prints on any of it... would take forever lol 

Why was Will bringing along a backpack when they were supposedly visiting a friend to play with his new dog?

kids bring backpacks everywhere all the time, not a clue. He wasn't killed for the contents of his backpack, but possession of his backpack may inevitably break the case open

Who made the peephole in Will's closet? Can't they get fingerprints of that wall and see if the uncle's are among them?

It was very clearly the uncle, not sure why they didn't ask him about it

Where is Hays' daughter? Something happened between them because she seems to not want to talk to him anymore

She might be dead. Nothing to back that up yet other than how upset the son gets whenever her name is mentioned, but I haven't ruled it out yet

What happened to the Purcell house? It seemed burned to the ground. 

Not surprising. Imagine being a realtor trying to sell that home in a small town in rural Arkansas. Everyone would know that it was a place where some bad things happened and you probably couldn't give it away. Im sure there will be more answers 

My prediction for episode three - trash man gets killed by a mob

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, N4L said:

My prediction for episode three - trash man gets killed by a mob

SPOILERS 

(they didn't kill him, but he did get attacked by a mob with further escalation incoming)

That episode last night was really juicy. The thing at the end with his wife speaking to him from the great beyond and talking about how time is relative was awesome. With the way the flashbacks happen sometimes where the older version of hays starts using the words of the younger hays as a lead in to the flashbacks makes me think there may be some 'time travel' coming up where older hays solves the case and then is somehow able to change the past through his younger self. 

The phone call from the lady who said she saw where the daughter was in a dream and that 'her dreams always come true' makes me think that they are setting up this season for some paranormal shenanigans 

Also, I did notice one of the kids drawings had a couple of yellow spots with crowns drawn on them for the yellow king... 

I assume there will be plenty of twists and turns coming up but right now I think one of the Purcell mom’s many “suitors” is involved in this. Maybe she’s the woman seen riding around in the snazzy brown car. 

But I'm sure it’ll wind up being something and someone completely different. 

On 1/21/2019 at 3:57 PM, thrILL! said:

I assume there will be plenty of twists and turns coming up but right now I think one of the Purcell mom’s many “suitors” is involved in this. Maybe she’s the woman seen riding around in the snazzy brown car. 

But I'm sure it’ll wind up being something and someone completely different. 

I agree.

That and the conversation outside when Hays was interviewing the guys parents and his mother was convinced the daughter wasn't her sons biologically. I think the real father is involved. Also when the kids were leaving the house the father told the son (sorry cant recall the names right now) to protect his sister. I think the son died during a struggle in the woods while the real dad was trying to take the daughter, perhaps fell and hit his head on that rock. But I can't explain why he was posed in the prayer position.   

39 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

I agree.

That and the conversation outside when Hays was interviewing the guys parents and his mother was convinced the daughter wasn't her sons biologically. I think the real father is involved. Also when the kids were leaving the house the father told the son (sorry cant recall the names right now) to protect his sister. I think the son died during a struggle in the woods while the real dad was trying to take the daughter, perhaps fell and hit his head on that rock. But I can't explain why he was posed in the prayer position.   

Or why he left the Dolls behind.

I’m wondering if Julie’s true biological father works at Hoyt and it’s a Gone Baby Gone situation. The suit at Hoyt mentioned their foundation they started in honor of the owner’s granddaughter.  

Edited by thrILL!