Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

^^Have you seen the Jay Glazer report? He said Mack let it known he wouldn't play for Gruden. I don't know why it took him more than a year to report that though. He's usually a reliable guy but this is weird.

I saw that, which is why I though this was interesting. And the WF guys went out of their way to discredit Glazers report, so who knows 

8 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I understand what you're saying, but rooting for a loss is wrong and unacceptable. This isn't a shot at you, rather it's a shot to anyone who wanted the Raiders to lose. I guess people have forgotten the Raiders mantra of JUST WIN BABY.

I root for the long term success of the team. I just don't see the appeal of being 4-12 vs 3-13. I'd rather be 3-13 if it means having better players for the future. Now if it was the difference between 8-8 and 9-7, if 9-7 was a wildcard spot, of course I wouldn't root for the Raiders to lose. But given the circumstances, it sucks to see us lose out on elite draft prospects for a meaningless win. I'll stand by that.

I'm not one to frequently complain in retrospect. I knew Bosa would be a baller. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I root for the long term success of the team. I just don't see the appeal of being 4-12 vs 3-13. I'd rather be 3-13 if it means having better players for the future. Now if it was the difference between 8-8 and 9-7, if 9-7 was a wildcard spot, of course I wouldn't root for the Raiders to lose. But given the circumstances, it sucks to see us lose out on elite draft prospects for a meaningless win. I'll stand by that.

I'm not one to frequently complain in retrospect. I knew Bosa would be a baller. It is what it is. 

to this point, i believe we were 1-8 going into the Arizona game... so even though we all knew the season was over, if we had ran the table who knows maybe 8-8 makes it lol.
The Pitts game is what killed me, they didnt have big ben, and it still required their FG kicked to slip for us to win. That is the game that killed our Bosa hopes. winning a pointless game against the backup qb. 
Christmas Eve against the Broncos.. its a division game so you cant cheer for the broncos.. but if we had lost I wouldve been fine. 

going 2-2 down to end the season is what killed Bosa hopes.. not the Ari game

47 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

to this point, i believe we were 1-8 going into the Arizona game... so even though we all knew the season was over, if we had ran the table who knows maybe 8-8 makes it lol.
The Pitts game is what killed me, they didnt have big ben, and it still required their FG kicked to slip for us to win. That is the game that killed our Bosa hopes. winning a pointless game against the backup qb. 
Christmas Eve against the Broncos.. its a division game so you cant cheer for the broncos.. but if we had lost I wouldve been fine. 

The Ari game would of made both teams 3-13 and 50/50 shot at the #1 pick. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Ari game would of made both teams 3-13 and 50/50 shot at the #1 pick. 

well if all things stayed the same except that, Arizona would be 4-12 so we would have had the first pick. 
but i dont know if we would have taken bosa or murray there. I do think there was a lot of truth to the Gruden wanting a new QB rumour. 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Finishing the season on a positive note and continuing to fight can also provide momentum going into the offseason. What good would Bosa do, if our whole team carried such a losers mentality? Gruden is trying build a winning culture, you don’t do that by losing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Finishing the season on a positive note and continuing to fight can also provide momentum going into the offseason. What good would Bosa do, if our whole team carried such a losers mentality? Gruden is trying build a winning culture, you don’t do that by losing. 

absolutely, and I agree... it sucks getting to a point where we were. When the team is 5-8, ill cheer for them to get to 500 even if i know they wont make playoffs... if youre competitive in all games but losing, sure that may be a culture thing, but we were constantly getting blown out, and because of that  
everyone knew we were going to have a large turnover going into this year.
Gruden already had an idea of who his core players were going to be. And it was the players who were continually fighting / playing hard.

you change a locker room culture with attitude / discipline and hard work.. winning a game against the backup QB didnt magically change the culture of the team... and i know that, because the next week we got blown out by the bengals, and then 2 weeks later absolutely stomped by KC

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

well if all things stayed the same except that, Arizona would be 4-12 so we would have had the first pick. 
but i dont know if we would have taken bosa or murray there. I do think there was a lot of truth to the Gruden wanting a new QB rumour. 

Even better.  We trade back one spot, pick up a future 1st, and then select Bosa.  I can dream right.  I would seriously take Bosa over 2 Ferrells.  You no what they say "A Bosa in the hand is better than 2 to Ferrells that can't get to the QB".  Or something like that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't remember the last time we were so good defending the run. We had the one bad game against the Vikings but for the other 4 games, RBs went nowhere. Interesting that GB gives up so much per run.