Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

A couple things here.  First we were set up to be good against the run.  That is why I had concerns about pressuring the QB.  It is working out well right now and we needed to started getting better somewhere on D so Gruden and Co decided the run was the best place to start.  we are 11th in rush yards a game where as last year we were 3rd to last.  A difference of 48.6 yards per game.  I see this as the biggest reason why, although I do not agree with it, they decided Ferrell over Allen.  Second we are jumping on teams early and making them 1 dimensional.  We are 6th in points given up in the 1st and 6th in points scored.  Teams are not committing to the run against us.  

3 wins 52-10 points in the 1st half

2 loses 17-49 points in the 1st half

59 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Teams are not committing to the run against us.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2019&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

All the teams ranked higher than us have faced less run attempts (same number for the Vikings).

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Okay.  My point was that we are making teams more one dimensional which is a credit to the coaching and the teams execution of the plan.  The only game we did not execute against the run was against the Vikings.  If you remove that game we are number 1 in yards allowed per game, 6th in runs against, and 1st in yards per rush (2.9 Y/A).

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

A couple things here.  First we were set up to be good against the run.  That is why I had concerns about pressuring the QB.  It is working out well right now and we needed to started getting better somewhere on D so Gruden and Co decided the run was the best place to start.  we are 11th in rush yards a game where as last year we were 3rd to last.  A difference of 48.6 yards per game.  I see this as the biggest reason why, although I do not agree with it, they decided Ferrell over Allen.  Second we are jumping on teams early and making them 1 dimensional.  We are 6th in points given up in the 1st and 6th in points scored.  Teams are not committing to the run against us.  

3 wins 52-10 points in the 1st half

2 loses 17-49 points in the 1st half

Look at who the fourth worst is on the list.  Packers.  We want to win, we have to run.  They're averaging 23 points a game, 13th in points scored per game and 25th in yards.  We just have to win time of possession like we've been and stick to the run.  I see no reason why we can't win this game.  2 weeks to prepare, lots of healthy starters coming back, great run game against their poor run defense.  I'm starting to believe.  I hope I'm not let down.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Look at who the fourth worst is on the list.  Packers.  We want to win, we have to run.  They're averaging 23 points a game, 13th in points scored per game and 25th in yards.  We just have to win time of possession like we've been and stick to the run.  I see no reason why we can't win this game.  2 weeks to prepare, lots of healthy starters coming back, great run game against their poor run defense.  I'm starting to believe.  I hope I'm not let down.

@agarcia34 posted earlier that the right side of their d-line is a liability and once again a quick start will be key for us.  With 2 weeks to prepare we have a big advantage similar to Nagy not bringing the Bears to London until Fri.  We should be well rested and prepared.  Expect a big day from Jacobs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

@agarcia34 posted earlier that the right side of their d-line is a liability and once again a quick start will be key for us.  With 2 weeks to prepare we have a big advantage similar to Nagy not bringing the Bears to London until Fri.  We should be well rested and prepared.  Expect a big day from Jacobs.

I'm buying some folding chairs just to throw them across my backyard every time he scores.  I'm buying 5.

16 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Even better.  We trade back one spot, pick up a future 1st, and then select Bosa.  I can dream right.  I would seriously take Bosa over 2 Ferrells.  You no what they say "A Bosa in the hand is better than 2 to Ferrells that can't get to the QB".  Or something like that.

Ferrell sucks idk how a team destroys a team in a season then owns the tie breaker.. when a player is drafted top 5 they should be making a Bosa type of impact 

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

If we stick to the run and throw some bombs off of play action, it'll be a game. Hurst is coming on and that'll help the rush quite a bit.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we stick to the run and throw some bombs off of play action, it'll be a game. Hurst is coming on and that'll help the rush quite a bit.

Carr can't throw bombs. He's scared. He's so scared of throwing downfield he probably will start throwing backward next week. That's how bad he is.

• Like 1