Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Well, when you get the "top of your head right" we'll take those into account.

I also don't care what you take stock in to or not. They were doing it in practice because they were preparing to do it in games. Now that both his deep threats that he worked the deep balls with are MIA my point was that it will take time for us to see more of them thrown to guys he met this month or this week. If you've ever been on the football field you'd know those throws take reps with the receiver. Never said anything about what he has done in the past and you can keep holding that opinion.

Cool and you can keep judging players being "money" based off beat writer practice reports on 7 on 7 drills 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Cool and you can keep judging players being "money" based off beat writer practice reports on 7 on 7 drills 

Well,  I dont think they were lying and I know the videos of the throws aren't photoshopped so yeah. I was just commenting on the fact that they practiced that aspect of the offense with particular players, then those guys didnt make it to the regular season.

Believe what you want.

18 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

He was money throwing them to AB and Nelson. I think it has everything to do with the guys he is throwing to and the coverage he sees now that our go to guys are a rookie RB and TE. I expect more long passes once he gets more practice time with Davis and Jones.

Not bad to Tyrell either. We've had constant turnover at WR the past 2 seasons. Hell, we were down to bottom of the depth chart guys last week and leaned on our ground attack which clearly was a point of emphasis last offseason, and people want him to play like Mahomes. I avoid talking about Carr now because there's no point. The fans who don't like him cannot be pleased. Look, I want him to be better too. But if you're going to parade around and say he's not worth keeping because he's so bad then maybe you shouldn't expect the guy to play like Rodgers or Brady with a skeleton crew at WR. Not to mention our offense blatantly features the short passing game (chicken vs egg argument is fair here tbh) and our top 3 deep threats going into the season are injured or got cut. Are we really in a position to be going for the deep ball consistently? But I digress. Its no use. Lots of fans are very very reactionary.

• Like 2

Gordon, AB, and Dorsett out and they are starting Marshall Newhouse lol.... they have nothing at TE too. Wonder if we could flip Derek Carrier for a mid round pick to them, we seem to be trade partners. Carrier is our TE3 but would be an instant starter on pats and be a nice weapon for Brady 

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Pats have such a damn good defense. They fly around and make plays. They don't have a lot of big-name guys, but they're so well-coached. 

You know what they say "You live long enough you will revert back to what you where when you cam into this world".  Brady is going to do the same thing and have his D give him another ring.

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You know what they say "You live long enough you will revert back to what you where when you cam into this world".  Brady is going to do the same thing and have his D give him another ring.

Hopefully not. I mean their defense isn’t an all timer considering who they’ve played. Half the teams they’ve faced have no wins. They’ve looked vulnerable to a giants team that didn’t have most of their offense and a rookie in at QB. Someone needs to step up and beat this team because I’m tired of seeing them in the postseason.  

• Like 1

our D Line still needs a STUD game changer. Would Big Kat fit in here?? not sure what is going on this year but he has been an all pro and is young. He grew up a DIE HARD Raider fan, so I like our chances keeping him long term. Maybe a 3rd could get it done, would feel huge need

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27834887/sources-multiple-teams-interested-trade-jets-leonard-williams

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

our D Line still needs a STUD game changer. Would Big Kat fit in here?? not sure what is going on this year but he has been an all pro and is young. He grew up a DIE HARD Raider fan, so I like our chances keeping him long term. Maybe a 3rd could get it done, would feel huge need

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27834887/sources-multiple-teams-interested-trade-jets-leonard-williams

He’s much more of 4-3 DT which the Raiders have an abundance of. Personally i want an actual DE. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Chiefs run defense is very very bad! They about to lose another game. 

Looks like teams are starting to figure them out.  You still have to be good enough to execute but the blueprint is there now.  What I like about us is that we have not even tried to hide what we want to do yet.  There is very little misdirection, no deep balls to keep the D on its heels, or scheming players open.  You know what we re going to do and they still have not been able to stop us the past couple weeks.  Not going to work all the time but we have the makings of a dominant team if we can keep improving.

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

He’s much more of 4-3 DT which the Raiders have an abundance of. Personally i want an actual DE. 

DT is definitely not a top priority but in Guenther's D an Atkins type player would be a big asset.  If we can get dominant players up the middle we will have players with free runs at the QB.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

DT is definitely not a top priority but in Guenther's D an Atkins type player would be a big asset.  If we can get dominant players up the middle we will have players with free runs at the QB.

True but i wouldn’t want to spend a 1st and I don’t think the jets would accept a 3rd.