Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

True but i wouldn’t want to spend a 1st and I don’t think the jets would accept a 3rd. 

I would not give a 1st either.  If he hits FA and we offer big money we are almost certainly his top choice.  Watching Brown run against the 49ers is making me wonder what our run game would have been like if we had a big back to pound the ball with Jacobs.  Jacobs is playing great but what if we had fresh legs on every carry from a violent runner.  The 49ers front seven is going to not want to come out for the 2nd half if McVay keeps running at them like this.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Chiefs losing is fun to see, but it’s all moot if we lose to the Packers and Texans, which we probably will. Packers might be the second best team in the NFL and Texans might be the second best team in the AFC. And they are both road games. 

I think we split these next two. If we can continue to pound the rock and wear teams out, we’re gonna be in a lot of games. 

Just now, Geezy said:

I think we split these next two. If we can continue to pound the rock and wear teams out, we’re gonna be in a lot of games. 

Splitting them would be a massive win. Massive. I don’t think we have much of a shot against Green Bay though. Their defense is super legit this season and Carr sucks in cold weather. The only thing that gives me hope is coming off a bye week. What will Gruden have up his sleeve?

We have a better shot against the Texans although on paper, we definitely lose that game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Splitting them would be a massive win. Massive. I don’t think we have much of a shot against Green Bay though. Their defense is super legit this season and Carr sucks in cold weather. The only thing that gives me hope is coming off a bye week. What will Gruden have up his sleeve?

We have a better shot against the Texans although on paper, we definitely lose that game. 

Gruden has to earn his money vs GB, has two weeks to game plan. They may be without their top playmaker and we should be getting ours back

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Chiefs losing is fun to see, but it’s all moot if we lose to the Packers and Texans, which we probably will. Packers might be the second best team in the NFL and Texans might be the second best team in the AFC. And they are both road games. 

Don’t don’t worry about at Green Bay has a terrible run defense they’re giving up 5.1 yards a carry.

37 minutes ago, Geezy said:

If only we stuck with the run 

Raiders were still searching for their identity on offense that game. 

The last two games we seen the Raiders form an identity and hopefully they stick with it because that type of offense gives the Raiders a chance when they play in KC in the cold. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Don’t don’t worry about at Green Bay has a terrible run defense they’re giving up 5.1 yards a carry.

We also have a bye week and they are going to be on a short week.  Also the weather looks like rain and in the low 60's.  That is not cold and the rain plays into our hands with running the ball.  Texans will be a much tougher game so a split is very possible.  If you told anyone here that we would be 4-3 after the first 8 weeks I am sure we would have laughed.  This team is looking better than any of us thought especially with what was considered a historically bad beginning to our schedule.  Remember even the NFL admitted the schedulers screwed up.

• Like 1

On second thought we seem to lose everytime I start to believe so we suck, we need a top 3 pick, no way we win, fire Chucky and Cable, Mayock's drafts suck, cut Carr, and the Texans/Packers are two of the greatest teams to ever lace up a pair of cleats.  To top it off anyone who disagrees with me is stupid and I like to eat my crow hot and fresh.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 4