Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Does anyone actually 'buy' the Niners? I watch them with all the breaks they get and the schedule they have played and just think they are the 2009 Broncos all over again. 

Tampa Bay is not good and it was Bruce Arians first game. 
Cincinnati is just terrible.
Pittsburgh with Mason Rudolph is just terrible
I never jumped on the Browns train, I think they essentially hired Tom Cable to coach Bruce Gradkowski and its a disaster. 
They looked good against the Rams today, but the Rams offense hasn't looked the same all year and they were with out Gurely, Clay, and Talib and caught 2 or 3 big breaks.

I think they have a good DL and that helps keep their defense off the field and Shanny can call a game with a limited JimmyG and limited weapons, outside of Kittle. To keep possession in the niners favor. 

I still don't think they are a playoff team.

I think 49ers are a playoff team and could win their division. They have a good defense(great dline) and their system makes them one of the best rushing teams in the league. That’s a receipt for wins. I don’t think they are contenders, pass game still sucks 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

FWIW, you probably won't be. Hell, I am not and I'm a 49er fan. He just strikes me as an average starting quarterback type - Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins, etc etc. But that running game is legit, and the defense definitely is. 

Keep in mind, that win today against the Rams? That was with the 49ers starting their 4th and 5th string tackles (the latter of which isn't even a tackle...he's a guard who has played some tackle in college and the AAF), without their best corner  this year (Witherspoon), without Juice. That's a really good win today and they weren't even full strength. Not to mention they were travelling on a short week while the Rams had 10 days to prepare. 

it was their most impressive win of the season. Joe Staley is done, washed up. Mike M is a big hit. Witherspoon is an ok corner who has benefited from playing with a DL that has played against terrible OL units so they have produced alot of pressure. Juice is a big part of that offense but really missing a FB is what its coming down too. 

This is the question is posed to my group of friends. If the Niners played the Raiders Schedule what the Niners record be... and vice versa?

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

That’s what happens when you don’t draft bpa and go for system fits or whatever need. Thought that was basic draft 101

Your BPA is different the Bellichick's BPA and his is different than Jerimiah's BPA and his is different from Mayock's BPA. We did take the BPA... ON OUR BOARD. If you have a problem with the Ferrell pick than you have a problem with Mayock's board, the same board that also picked Jacobs, Abrams, Mullen, Crosby, and Renefrow.

So please keep telling us all how you are smarter then Mike Mayock. PLEASE!!

Jimmy G won't finish the season.

KC and Chargers can't stop the run so we need to keep the current O rolling. We're better than Steelers, way better and it's a winning combo.

GB has a short week and our guys have rest and are BELIEVING. It's an old school ground and pound but seems to work against teams because they're use to passing schemes. LOL

Texans D isn't better than Bears, so keep the ball and make them earn every yard. Bend don't break D. We can win if we just frustrate the other QB's into making mistakes. Rivers is doing that tonight.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Your BPA is different the Bellichick's BPA and his is different than Jerimiah's BPA and his is different from Mayock's BPA. We did take the BPA... ON OUR BOARD. If you have a problem with the Ferrell pick than you have a problem with Mayock's board, the same board that also picked Jacobs, Abrams, Mullen, Crosby, and Renefrow.

So please keep telling us all how you are smarter then Mike Mayock. PLEASE!!

If they had Ferrell as the 4th best player in the draft on there board. I have a serious problem with it. Now if he was the the best player at a position of need I could buy that. But the 4th best player. No way. 

• Like 2

I think we’d have a shot against GB if it was at home. Coming off a bye and like others have said, the team is believing. 

In Green Bay it’s gonna be tough. Real tough. It’s possible but I see a loss here. 

Edited by BayRaider

21 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If they had Ferrell as the 4th best player in the draft on there board. I have a serious problem with it. Now if he was the the best player at a position of need I could buy that. But the 4th best player. No way. 

Well when teams form their boards, a players stock is formed based on needs. Teams that are set at QB didn't have Kyler as high on their boards as teams that needed a QB. Boards are also based on Systems.

I believe the Ferrell was the #3 Guy on the Raiders board. 

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

You mean overrated Bosa is what you called him.9_9

Have you ever seen a QB schedule this easy?  I know some of these guys are suppose to be good but other than Wilson, who they have not played yet, most if not all of them are playing average to bad so far this year.  Kyle Allen has the 2nd best rating on this list.  No wonder the 49er defense looks so good.

WK DATE OPPONENT  
1 Sun, Sep 8
@Tampa BayTampa Bay
Winston
2 Sun, Sep 15
@CincinnatiCincinnati
Dalton
3 Sun, Sep 22
vsPittsburghPittsburgh
Rudolph
5 Mon, Oct 7
vsClevelandCleveland
Mayfield
6 Sun, Oct 13
@Los AngelesLos Angeles
Goff
7 Sun, Oct 20
@WashingtonWashington
Haskins
8 Sun, Oct 27
vsCarolinaCarolina
Allen
9 Thu, Oct 31
@ArizonaArizona
Murray
10 Mon, Nov 11
vsSeattleSeattle
Wilson
11 Sun, Nov 17
vsArizonaArizona
Murray
12 Sun, Nov 24
vsGreen BayGreen Bay
Rodgers
13 Sun, Dec 1
@BaltimoreBaltimore
Jackson
14 Sun, Dec 8
@New OrleansNew Orleans
Bridgewater
15 Sun, Dec 15
vsAtlantaAtlanta
Ryan
16 Sun, Dec 22
vsLos AngelesLos Angeles
Goff
17 Sun, Dec 29
@SeattleSeattle
Wilson

Pretty sure Bosa, Allen and Burns wouldn't have the same production if they were playing for the Raiders. Take a look at the dlines around them and at our dline.

49ers: Dee Ford, Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner, Solomon Thomas

Jaguars: Calais Campbell, Marcell Dareus, Yannick Ngakoue, Taven Bryan

Panthers: Gerald McCoy, Dontari Poe, Mario Addison

Raiders: 3 role players (Hankins, Mauro and Mayowa), 3 2nd year players (Key, Hurst and Hall), 2 rookies.

One is not like the others.

Those 3 are all in the top 10 in sacks this season. (Car 1st with 27, Jax T4th with 19, SF T8th  with 17 and having played only 5 games). The 3 rookies are doing good but everybody is getting to the QB on their teams.

Edited by oakdb36