Around The League V.2

Totty

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Marcus Peters traded to the Ravens. 

Peters has been awful this year. Kenny Young LB will be on his way to LA

Dang. It almost feels like they are low key trying to rebuild. And really they should with gurly looking like he’s lost a step or five. like what the Seahawks did when beast mode ran out of gas. Build around their 30 million dollar QB. 

Few things here that I just read over.  

1. QBs get the credit and the blame most of the time and they deserve it usually since they end up having the greatest impact 95% of the time.  A good QB can overcome having bad players around them and a HOF QBcan win with a couple decent players on offense and defense.

2. Ferrell is a starting caliber player right now and therefore worthy of a draft selection in the teens.  He is not a top 5 draft slot player but that is not his fault.  We can criticize the choice of Ferrell at #4 but is a criticism of Gruden and Mayock.  I will not talk badly about Ferrell unless he shows he was not worth of being drafted in the first round but I will talk about where he was selected all day long.

3.  I see us beating GB and then losing to Detroit.  Just follows what we did with Minni and Chicago.  We get destroyed by Minni, Chicago destroys Minni, and then we wreck Chicago.

4.  With the way our run game looks we can beat any team in the league if we play smart and come out hot.  If you allow us to dictate we should win.  Young team will have some hiccups and give a few games away but we have talent to hang with the best now.  If we come out cold I would think this teams loses 75% of those games this year.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

just a little research, 7th round pick out of SE Missouri State. Hes an EDGE with some nice physical attributes. 6'2 248, 4.48 40, 40 inch vert, 131"' Broad Jump and 7.03 3-Cone. Dont know anything about him, but is intriguing. Love how we are attacking the bottom portion of our roster. 

Signed to the PS.

So I guess Trey Flowers is getting to know what it is like to not play for the Patriots.  Go to Detroit you get phantom calls against you to help out the league's favorite players.  Somebody with the Patriots needs to tell McCourty and Hightower to keep their mouth shut or maybe they believe they are so good that they really should not be flagged.  They call attention to poor reffing and they might see a few bad calls come their way.

Trey Flowers was with NE for five years and was never called for illegal use of hands.  That is pretty hard to believe for a DE that his hands never slipped up high but is standard for the Patriots.  He goes to Detroit and gets two phantom illegal use of hands penalties to extend drives on 3rd down when the Packers did not convert, 1 being the game winner, in the same game.  Should have taken less money and stayed with NE.

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We should of waited for a really desperate Super Bowl Contender for Mack... Maybe we could of got two 1sts and a 3rd without giving up our 2nd. 

I do not want to get frustrated but that was my exact problem.  I understand trading Mack and we can all argue whether we should or should not have but I think everyone can agree that we should not have traded him when and how we did.  That is 90% of why I am happy Reggie is gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not want to get frustrated but that was my exact problem.  I understand trading Mack and we can all argue whether we should or should not have but I think everyone can agree that we should not have traded him when and how we did.  That is 90% of why I am happy Reggie is gone.

I mean I rather trade to a bad team so the picks are higher in the round, which is why they sent him to the Bears, they just happened to blow up last season.

49 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I mean I rather trade to a bad team so the picks are higher in the round, which is why they sent him to the Bears, they just happened to blow up last season.

That line of reasoning is horrible.  You never know what you are going to get if you trade after the draft and before the season.  Let the season play out then trade him before the 2019 draft.  It is not rocket science.  I guarantee you that if you let the the first five weeks pass then trade Mack we should have been able to tell that his impact would put them over the top.  They were a top ten D before Mack.  Gruden and RM were blind, stupid, and eager.  A really bad combination for anyone making decisions.  If Gruden could have checked his ego for just a few weeks we would have had a lot more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

That line of reasoning is horrible.  You never know what you are going to get if you trade after the draft and before the season.  Let the season play out then trade him before the 2019 draft.  It is not rocket science.  I guarantee you that if you let the the first five weeks pass then trade Mack we should have been able to tell that his impact would put them over the top.  They were a top ten D before Mack.  Gruden and RM were blind, stupid, and eager.  A really bad combination for anyone making decisions.  If Gruden could have checked his ego for just a few weeks we would have had a lot more.

My response was supposed to be to the poster who said we should have waited for a contender to get desperate, which is why I said I’d rather have the picks of a bad team. 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

My response was supposed to be to the poster who said we should have waited for a contender to get desperate, which is why I said I’d rather have the picks of a bad team. 

Okay.  I think our topics overlap but not completely.  I agree about a bad team but Gruden and RM screwed up both ways.  They assumed which team was going to be bad, pulled the trigger at the worst possible time, and did not allow teams to bid against each other.  Gruden really wanted to get rid of Mack and I think RM knew he was gone so just laughed at the idea of Gruden making stupid decisions.  Do you think this goes down if Mayock is here and he believes he is tied to Gruden?  I think we would have given Mack the 5th year option and traded him at a more opportune time for a lot more.  Giving back a 2nd still makes me angry every time I think about it.  How many on this board believe that there will be at least 32 picks between Chi's 1st and our 2nd?  I know that number was close to zero until 2 Sundays ago.

Edited by drfrey13

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Knew this was coming 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deion-sanders-jalen-ramsey-may-161600447.html

Good read from Deion where he touches on a subject a lot of posters have talked about here.  He even references his 1994 FA and says we were the highest bidders but state taxes caused him to make more with Dallas.  Here we come Vegas.  I am fine with the rules now that we are moving to Vegas but I spoke about ita few years back that pro sports that have a salary cap need to adjust the cap by state to even the playing field with taxes.  You could just state that all contract amounts are negotiated as post tax amounts and that taxes are paid by the teams so the accounting of tracking away games taxes is never a variable for players.

Without taking into account individual tax situations teams in Nevada (soon), Texas, and Florida have a real dollar amount of roughly $25 milion more than California teams because of the 13.3% tax rate.