Around The League V.2

Totty

KC next 4 opponent's before the bye week.

Packers at home

Vikings at home

Titans away

Chargers away

If there is no ligament damage he could return have to imagine he for sure missies the first two games. They're gonna win this Broncos game and be 5-2. Division is wide open. 

Yeah so I’m reading Mahomes will be out three, possibly four games. But when he comes back he’ll have to wear a knee brace and risk further damage. I doubt KC shuts him down but to be honest, if I was Reid, I would. He’s in his third year, your star QB, and I’m reading playing through it is a significant risk. 

Apparently Stafford did have this injury in 2009, his rookie year. Came back after only three with a knee brace and played the rest of the year. But Stafford doesn’t scramble and Mahomes does. Mahomes would have to purely stay in the pocket which IMO makes him like 30% less effective. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah so I’m reading Mahomes will be out three, possibly four games. But when he comes back he’ll have to wear a knee brace and risk further damage. I doubt KC shuts him down but to be honest, if I was Reid, I would. He’s in his third year, your star QB, and I’m reading playing through it is a significant risk. 

Apparently Stafford did have this injury in 2009, his rookie year. Came back after only three with a knee brace and played the rest of the year. But Stafford doesn’t scramble and Mahomes does. Mahomes would have to purely stay in the pocket which IMO makes him like 30% less effective. 

Why does this seem like a possible repeat of RG III.

If Mahomes is out three weeks thats at least 1-2 if not 0-3. Big couple weeks coming up for the Raiders. A Broncos player said he never saw anything like this he said his knee was all the way to the side. That KC trainer poped that knee back into place smoothly. Well, see by morning time how long he will be out. 

The division is wide open. If this isn't extra motivation for the Raiders then I don't know what would be. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Noah Fant sucks

Year 1. He looks uncomfortable with the speed of the game right now. Takes some guys time to transition. I liked Fant (hope he busts because Denver lol), but I think he'll come around. Rookie TEs never start favorably.

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I agree. KC has to look at him for the next 15 years. Not just this season. Their defense isn't ready to compete in the playoffs yet anyway. Don't risk him.

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The division is wide open if Mahomes is shut down for the year.

Even if he’s not shut down for the year.  They’re probably lose 2 or 3 the next 4 games.

Even when Patrick Mahone returns his mobility would be hampered also the timing of the offense. It’ll take a few weeks to get everything clicking again.

I could really see the Chiefs losing 5 to 7 games this year.

Injuries suck, but it’s the NFL, they happen every game. It’s unfortunate for Mahomes and the Chiefs but no one feels bad when our players are out. The Raiders have to capitalize on a huge opportunity. Yea, it’s not ideal, and I’ve never and will never root for injuries but the division is there for the taking. Winning the division would be huge going into the offseason and into next year, when I think we will be a lot closer to real contention.