Around The League V.2

Totty

26 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what dont you get about he wasnt there for us to draft? It would have taken a fortune for us to move up, would that be worth it? for one player on a team with so many holes...come on man

5 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

At one point he loved him. At one point he thought he was an injury prone over hyped JAG

well if you like him, and then you dont...whether he pans out or not, you are right...seems likes what is going on with this guy

We need help on D badly, but I don’t want to trade for anyone unless they fit the D.  Williams is more of a 3-4 DE and is 300 lbs.  We need a 4-3 DE that can win on the edge, Williams is a good player but not really a great fit.  I don’t want to trade just to trade.  We aren’t contenders this year so I’d rather continue to build in the draft and FA unless there is a trade that makes more sense.

only guy that makes sense is Kerrigan, but hes a bit too old, id prefer someone we could build with. The corners Howard, Rhodes and Peterson are intriguing but would probably cost way too much. id rather pass, if we are who we hope are we can take advantage of a softer second half of the season(at home) and make a push that way. 

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

well if you like him, and then you dont...whether he pans out or not, you are right...seems likes what is going on with this guy

a 4th is a different value then a 4rd. much different IMO. 5-7 are late round picks. 3-4 are still mid round picks. The draw the that risk/reward, having to give up a 4th in order to reap the reward starts to tip in the direction of being too risky.

18 minutes ago, daineraider said:

We need help on D badly, but I don’t want to trade for anyone unless they fit the D.  Williams is more of a 3-4 DE and is 300 lbs.  We need a 4-3 DE that can win on the edge, Williams is a good player but not really a great fit.  I don’t want to trade just to trade.  We aren’t contenders this year so I’d rather continue to build in the draft and FA unless there is a trade that makes more sense.

Same here. I think Leo would just be an upgrade on Josh Mauro for us. We need an edge rusher, not more edge setters.

I don’t want Beasley even for a conditional 7th.  
What no one is talking about is how it will deplete our 22 million in cap roll over by 6 million.

Do you want Beasley for 8 games or spend      that 6 million towards part of the salary of a DE like Arik Armstead, JPP, Leonard Williams, Yannik Ngakoue, several possibly cut veterans.  That money could also go towards the entire salary of a OLB like De’Vonte Campbell or Shaq Thompson or MLB like Blake Martinez.

When free agency hits and you can spread 18mil on a DE not 12mil or 8 mil on a OLB not 2mil I’d rather have that then 2 sacks from Beasley before he signs elsewhere and we don’t even get a compensatory pick because we brought in far more than we lost.

It eats me up when I see how much wasted cap we have, and honestly we’re pretty good.  Ellis costs us 4.75mil (2.25 of which could have been saved via releasing before roster bonus),Jordy Nelson 1.8, Ryan Grant 1.0, JJ Nelson 1.0, (Who have these guys guaranteed money), .73mil Lee Smith.  Why did we move up money for Smith and Jordy Nelson if we were going to cut them/they retire?   That’s 8+mil towards a DE in last years free agency.

We can afford to build via FA and spend lots of money if we’re also frugal in other regards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

hope its not one of the 3rds, but, he would be a nice add to take the top off the defense. 

TW, Anderson, Jones, Renfrow, Davis. Not a bad unit considering how much DC loves to spread it around. Also have a great group of TEs and RBs to share the love to.

Feels like Robby is getting moved. Wouldn’t complain if it was the Raiders. Have bigger issues on defense obviously. 

If he gets traded to the Raiders he would have a chance to play against them in 4 weeks.

Edited by agarcia34

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Ironic how a Carr supporter doesn’t take the Browns piss poor offensive line into account when evaluating Baker or the horrible coaching. 

Yeah Kitchens may be the worst HC in the league and that line is atrocious. Baker looked solid last year. If Carr was in that situation he’d be putting up similar stats and people would be crying about the line/coaching.