Around The League V.2

Totty

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man it sure would be nice to have that W against Houston. 

Looking at the remaining schedule, with several possible injuries and suspensions incoming and games left to be played, we would almost be on cruise control for that WC spot. 

Pittsburgh, Indy, and Jacksonville look like our main competition for the 6th seed with Buffalo tentatively hanging onto the 5th. 

If we can handle Cincy and the Jets these next two weeks and knock off Tennessee and Jacksonville in Dec, we're pretty much golden. 

The math is tilting in our favor for sure at the moment. 

I like the physical side of the game, in fact I personally don't like the fact that Roger Goodell and co are turning the game into a form of flag football with the "can't land on the QB" crap etc, but this has crossed a line.

In a world where Burfict got suspended for 12 games (or more should we reach the playoffs) on what was a hit within the context of the game and arguably Doyle was starting to fall to the floor anyway (and yes, I do realize this is partly because of his prior rap sheet), Garrett should be suspended for 2-3 seasons. he purposefully pulled a guy's helmet off his head and tried to bludgeon his head in with it! Yes, Rudolph tried to pull his helmet off first (who should get 1-2 game suspension himself) and had he simply showed him how to pull a helmet off properly in return I would have no issue with it, but he could have killed the guy with what he did.

Given how much the NFL harp on relentlessly about player safety, anything less than a 2-3 season suspension and it will be clear that they once again apply their rules haphazardly according to how they feel on the day.

If some UDFA no-name special teams player did it they would throw the book at that player.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

I like the physical side of the game, in fact I personally don't like the fact that Roger Goodell and co are turning the game into a form of flag football with the "can't land on the QB" crap etc, but this has crossed a line.

In a world where Burfict got suspended for 12 games (or more should we reach the playoffs) on what was a hit within the context of the game and arguably Doyle was starting to fall to the floor anyway (and yes, I do realize this is partly because of his prior rap sheet), Garrett should be suspended for 2-3 seasons. he purposefully pulled a guy's helmet off his head and tried to bludgeon his head in with it! Yes, Rudolph tried to pull his helmet off first (who should get 1-2 game suspension himself) and had he simply showed him how to pull a helmet off properly in return I would have no issue with it, but he could have killed the guy with what he did.

Given how much the NFL harp on relentlessly about player safety, anything less than a 2-3 season suspension and it will be clear that they once again apply their rules haphazardly according to how they feel on the day.

If some UDFA no-name special teams player did it they would throw the book at that player.  

+1 

saved me some typing

if bur got a season for the hit on Doyle 

garrett should lose at least 2 seasons 

mason should get at least a game 

24 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Every team in the AFC wild card race wins by Mason Rudolph not being suspended and having to play. 

This of course is likely true but as much as I think Garrett needs the book thrown at him, Rudolph was the instigator and needs punishment also. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

You were saying?

Uncle Roger got my text. 

Rudolph's agent (who is a lawyer) said this matter will be looked into legally. Meaning the league has to take the wait and see stance. 

At minimum thats assault with a deadly weapon. A good lawyer makes a case of attempted murder. 

Attempted murder wouldn't stand, because Garrett's camp can claim the same, especially when considering the physical provocation by Rudolph. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

+1 

saved me some typing

if bur got a season for the hit on Doyle 

garrett should lose at least 2 seasons 

mason should get at least a game 

Garrett did 2 things in that fight that were worse than anything Burfict has done his entire career. @dante9876  I agree with you about Rudulph getting punished but Garrett does need to stop and think about who he is going after.  I know this is an extreme example but if someone is going after your child all you see is red unless that person is another small child.  If a grown man comes after my kid it is time for me to do some damage but if it is a person I could easily kill if I strike them then I need to approach the situation differently.  Although a grown man you could probably let Rudolph take 3 free shots at Garrett and he might make him bleed a little.  Garrett would put Rudolph in the concussion protocol if he slapped him.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Garrett did 2 things in that fight that were worse than anything Burfict has done his entire career. @dante9876  I agree with you about Rudulph getting punished but Garrett does need to stop and think about who he is going after.  I know this is an extreme example but if someone is going after your child all you see is red unless that person is another small child.  If a grown man comes after my kid it is time for me to do some damage but if it is a person I could easily kill if I strike them then I need to approach the situation differently.  Although a grown man you could probably let Rudolph take 3 free shots at Garrett and he might make him bleed a little.  Garrett would put Rudolph in the concussion protocol if he slapped him.

Than mason is the one who needs to chill. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Than mason is the one who needs to chill. 

Completely agree and he should be suspended for a game at least 1-3 games.  I understand him being angry at first but you can not keep poking a bear and then cry when you get attacked.  Nobody has an excuse in this situation and the only person I applaud is Pouncey but even he should had not kicked Garrett in the head when he was down.

• Like 1