Around The League V.2

Totty

10 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

Khalil Mack has been invisible the last three Bears games I've watched. Like not even getting pressure, not just the sack numbers. 

What gives? 

He's on the worst 6 game stretch of his career. He look disinterested and his effort has been bad in this stretch. Very uncharacteristic. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Hicks.  Hicks without Mack does not work and Mack without Hicks does not either.  Both on the line and I feel sorry for the opposing offense.  Just one of them and you can easily deal with them.

If Mack needs Hicks, then he wasn't work 100 mil. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just saw some of Kaepernick workout and he has a slow release and the passes were sailing.

Many teams said he had talent to be a backup on a roster so that’s an accurate assessment. Personally i wouldn’t add him as a backup because of the drama he’d bring. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He's on the worst 6 game stretch of his career. He look disinterested and his effort has been bad in this stretch. Very uncharacteristic. 

That's what it seems like to me as well. I'm not going to sit here and say that I've went over every game extensively, but the games I've seen I haven't even noticed him. I don't buy Hicks being out as the main culprit either. It's not like Mack had a dominant player on the line next to him here to open things up. Even outside of sack numbers you would notice Mack making plays and effecting the game. I haven't been seeing that. I'm not rooting against him, but if this type of play continues we dodged a huge bullet not paying him. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If Mack needs Hicks, then he wasn't work 100 mil. Just my 2 cents.

No single player is ever going to do it on there own.  Every great front seven player has always had a supporting cast.  a better question is any defensive player worth $100 million because only a QB can have that much impact.  At the same time this is not a bad defense still but it is not good enough to overcome the deficiencies on offense.  I personally think Mack is worth it because he can be absolutely dominate if the entire game plan is not based upon stopping him.  Without the Hicks injury many of us would still be upset about the Mack trade and we would be looking at a pick in the mid to late 20's.  So Mack can not do it by himself, no one can, but he will make everyone around him better.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

That's what it seems like to me as well. I'm not going to sit here and say that I've went over every game extensively, but the games I've seen I haven't even noticed him. I don't buy Hicks being out as the main culprit either. It's not like Mack had a dominant player on the line next to him here to open things up. Even outside of sack numbers you would notice Mack making plays and effecting the game. I haven't been seeing that. I'm not rooting against him, but if this type of play continues we dodged a huge bullet not paying him. 

Hicks going out was the beginning of the snowball.  Hicks is not a top five defensive player.  But what he does compliments what Mack does and makes the defense work.  Similar to what happens if Jacobs goes down or Carr goes down.  Our offense is missing a key piece allowing you to make them one dimensional.  Now you can just double Mack and run right at him which makes him almost useless because nobody else deserves special attention.  Also this offense can not produce without help from the defense.  This team has averaged 20 or fewer points in 3 of its 4 wins.  It is just how this team is setup.  Mack not showing heart is a big red flag but remember he is getting beat up every game with the offense squandering good defensive efforts almost every game.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Hicks going out was the beginning of the snowball.  Hicks is not a top five defensive player.  But what he does compliments what Mack does and makes the defense work.  Similar to what happens if Jacobs goes down or Carr goes down.  Our offense is missing a key piece allowing you to make them one dimensional.  Now you can just double Mack and run right at him which makes him almost useless because nobody else deserves special attention.  Also this offense can not produce without help from the defense.  This team has averaged 20 or fewer points in 3 of its 4 wins.  It is just how this team is setup.  Mack not showing heart is a big red flag but remember he is getting beat up every game with the offense squandering good defensive efforts almost every game.

Hey, I'm a Khalil Mack fan, I thought moving him was probably the right move, but it still sucked. Hicks being out hurts, I'm not saying it isnt a factor, I just don't know that's the main factor. Mostly because of the lack of effort. Which was never really seen in Oakland. And I'm sure its disheartening to play on a team with such a bad offense, and I get teams are focusing on him, but the latter has always been the case. Even take Hicks away thats the second most talent he's played with his entire career defensively. The most talented being last year. He was constantly doubled in Oakland. He didn't have anyone else to really take pressure off of him here either. And at the very least he gave good effort game in and game out. 

I'm not writing him off. I'd wager he'll turn it around, but the lack of effort comments do give me a little pause because that's so out of character. Put that with a guy that reportedly wouldn't even meet with Gruden being the final straw to pull the trigger on the trade, and it seems at least plausible that Mack has become SLIGHTLY more complacent getting his mega deal. Last year wasn't the case, but he also was feeding off a team winning a lot of games and using the trade as motivation. 

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

No single player is ever going to do it on there own.  Every great front seven player has always had a supporting cast.  a better question is any defensive player worth $100 million because only a QB can have that much impact.  At the same time this is not a bad defense still but it is not good enough to overcome the deficiencies on offense.  I personally think Mack is worth it because he can be absolutely dominate if the entire game plan is not based upon stopping him.  Without the Hicks injury many of us would still be upset about the Mack trade and we would be looking at a pick in the mid to late 20's.  So Mack can not do it by himself, no one can, but he will make everyone around him better.

That was what I was alluding to. I don't think paying a defensive player that much is worth it. You sacrifice the rest of your roster. More so if you're not one player away from winning it all.

The Bears now have no QB and a 26 mil cap hit for Mack next season. They will turnover the roster as a result. It will be interesting to see how they navigate it their team the next couple seasons without resources and cap. 

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Week 13 schedule changes 

Steelers Browns moved to 1pm kick off 

Raiders Chiefs moved to 4:25 pm kick off

I like this. Just have to focus on beating the Jets first. Darnold is a good QB. He can pick on the Raiders defense if they don't come to play.

2 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

Hey, I'm a Khalil Mack fan, I thought moving him was probably the right move, but it still sucked. Hicks being out hurts, I'm not saying it isnt a factor, I just don't know that's the main factor. Mostly because of the lack of effort. Which was never really seen in Oakland. And I'm sure its disheartening to play on a team with such a bad offense, and I get teams are focusing on him, but the latter has always been the case. Even take Hicks away thats the second most talent he's played with his entire career defensively. The most talented being last year. He was constantly doubled in Oakland. He didn't have anyone else to really take pressure off of him here either. And at the very least he gave good effort game in and game out. 

I'm not writing him off. I'd wager he'll turn it around, but the lack of effort comments do give me a little pause because that's so out of character. Put that with a guy that reportedly wouldn't even meet with Gruden being the final straw to pull the trigger on the trade, and it seems at least plausible that Mack has become SLIGHTLY more complacent getting his mega deal. Last year wasn't the case, but he also was feeding off a team winning a lot of games and using the trade as motivation. 

You get paid that much money and you have to do 100% of what you are in control of and that is effort.  I hope he gets traded if the organization is not willing to make the right decisions.  If they do dismantle that team I would just like to put it out there that I will take Allen Robinson off their hands.  Would also like to sign Trevathan this off-season also.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That was what I was alluding to. I don't think paying a defensive player that much is worth it. You sacrifice the rest of your roster. More so if you're not one player away from winning it all.

The Bears now have no QB and a 26 mil cap hit for Mack next season. They will turnover the roster as a result. It will be interesting to see how they navigate it their team the next couple seasons without resources and cap. 

So I agree with you that he was not worth it to the Bears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Week 13 schedule changes 

Steelers Browns moved to 1pm kick off 

Raiders Chiefs moved to 4:25 pm kick off

Good. That means we get Romo!!!

Its too bad that the NE and HOU play that SNF game if it was a trash matchup like last night we probably would have been flexed to play SNF. 

Edited by OG_C2X