Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Last couple weeks I've been thinking the same thing. They don't look like the powerhouse they were. Good yes, but with holes.

Last years team was way better. 

Chargers feel into the trap that a lot of teams do and that is getting into a passing game with KC. 52 passes to 19 runs for the Chargers. Completely ridiculous ratio. 

Josh Jacobs gonna have to have 30 carries December 1st. If the Raiders have more passing attempts then run attempts they’re screwed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Last years team was way better. 

Chargers feel into the trap that a lot of teams do and that is getting into a passing game with KC. 52 passes to 19 runs for the Chargers. Completely ridiculous ratio. 

Josh Jacobs gonna have to have 30 carries December 1st. If the Raiders have more passing attempts then run attempts they’re screwed. 

It depends on our pass defense, just like the first time. They got smoked repeatedly. And we couldn't play our game after that. Carr has come into his own in a lot of respects, but I'm not certain he won't revert into pressing too much if we're down 2 TDs fast against KC. If the defense can keep it close enough, it can work out.

3 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

It depends on our pass defense, just like the first time. They got smoked repeatedly. And we couldn't play our game after that. Carr has come into his own in a lot of respects, but I'm not certain he won't revert into pressing too much if we're down 2 TDs fast against KC. If the defense can keep it close enough, it can work out.

I think we're a much better team than when we first faced KC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think we're a much better team than when we first faced KC.

I agree but I still maintain that our team is not built for a shootout. If we had big-time WR, then maybe. But not while Zay Jones and Trevor Davis get a lot of reps and Tyrell is our #1. Maybe Carr proves me wrong, but I'm not sure yet.

13 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Gruden and PG gotta go into that game knowing that KC is gonna move the ball. They just have to eliminate the big plays. That’s what killed the Raiders the first game. Mahomes just had big play after big play in the second qtr. Easier said then done but playing two safety’s deep should be the game plan on defense. 

to me the Raiders offense in that second game didn’t know what they wanted to be. Weren’t sure if they wanted to be a passing team or running team. This team has an identity now. Which fits perfectly against the Chiefs. Not matter what happens early the Raiders cannot start passing the ball at a ridiculous pace. 

Gruden should be watching that Colts game against the Chiefs and follow that blue print. 

45 carries and 29 Passing attempts the Colts had. 

Edited by agarcia34

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

We should play our game regardless unless we're like down 10 in the 4th with 8 minutes left. Let them strike quick if they want, what you want to do is limit Mahomes having the ball as much as possible

Letting them strike quickly is a terrible idea. Our offense is good, but far too inconsistent to play catch up. Mahomes torched us last time for multiple TDs in like 8 plays. No thank you.

We just need to play them the way we did for the majority of the first game. Taking away the quick strikes we gave up on bombs, we were in that game and could have won. It was the most impressive loss I've seen us take in a long time outside of a handful of plays mid-game. 

Carr has been terrible in KC throughout his career. He needs to get that monkey off his back and play a good game there.

You can run on KC. The problem is, the Raiders have Jacobs and nothing else at RB.

Also... Andy Reid has some ridiculous track record coming off a bye. That game is going to be tough.

Edited by big_palooka

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

KC is beatable even in KC. Just can’t play to their liking. 

I agree but we just don't match up well with them at all. I will be shocked if we play them close in KC. Andy Reid coming off a bye is no joke, and Mahomes and Hill are getting back healthy. They just have elite skill position players and we have an argument for having the worst LBs and secondary in the league. I mean we are starting DJ Swearinger, I can already see him being roasted by Kelce.

And although he has been better this year, until I see Carr play well in KC, I can't just assume he won't crap the bed there like he always does. I don't know there is just something about that place that spooks the hell out of him. He has played some of the worst games of his career there, especially when it starts to get cold late in the year.

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The Bears are in Cap hell and need talent on the offense. I’m interested to see who they’re going to cut on there defense.

I am hoping they try to off-load Allen Robinson for a pick.  He only has one year left on his deal and will probably not re-sign with them having to blow up the team.  Give them their 3rd back and use everything else on D, a speed WR, and IL depth on O.

Mahomes vs our defense is a clear advantage for them. Raiders offensive line and running game vs the Chiefs front 7 is a clear advantage for the Raiders. 

Carr has been BAD in KC, but he has never had an offense that was built to have success in KC in the cold. This offense is built for the cold. The running game and the quick dink and dunk offense is perfect for that weather.