Around The League V.2

Totty

On 2/12/2019 at 9:56 AM, dante9876 said:

I got a feeling raiders are gonna be on hardknocks. 

Not this season. I could see them doing what the Rams did and do hard knocks and maybe all or nothing when they go to LV. 2020 is going to be a big year for the raiders and i think Mark wants to shine a light on the brand. 

2 hours ago, Nodisrespect said:

He'll be a GM again in the next 2 years max. He won executive of the year 2 years ago.

Many of us new what he had to do to get us out of cap hell when he came and his only above average, it was great, draft year was 2014 when most of us knew the right choice to make.  He got credit for an anomalous year where we finally made the playoffs because of our turnover differential.  He averaged 6 wins a season while he was here.  Even if you say the first two years were not his fault we were still a sub .500 team from 2015 to 2018.  He drafted below average and if you take away 2014 it was really bad.  He did a good job of maintaining cap flexibility and late round scouting but not much else.  I was a RM supporter and was happy that he made good decisions sometimes but but most of his good decisions where not surprises to us who follow the Raiders.  In my opinion we finally had someone who could make the easy choice instead of the dumb one.

13 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Many of us new what he had to do to get us out of cap hell when he came and his only above average, it was great, draft year was 2014 when most of us knew the right choice to make.  He got credit for an anomalous year where we finally made the playoffs because of our turnover differential.  He averaged 6 wins a season while he was here.  Even if you say the first two years were not his fault we were still a sub .500 team from 2015 to 2018.  He drafted below average and if you take away 2014 it was really bad.  He did a good job of maintaining cap flexibility and late round scouting but not much else.  I was a RM supporter and was happy that he made good decisions sometimes but but most of his good decisions where not surprises to us who follow the Raiders.  In my opinion we finally had someone who could make the easy choice instead of the dumb one.

I'm not sure how you can even grade his work without the details of the organizations inner workings. Mark Davis neutered him after Dennis Allen was fired, vetoing FA signings(Saffold who's actually a very good player) hiring coaching(JDR, and Gruden) and feuding with player agents (Mack, Cooper). 

The toxic power structure obviously had an impact on the philosophy of drafting players. 2012 draft we didn't have any picks, 2013 was a terrible draft, 2014 was a home run. 2015- forward Mark brings in his coaches reduced RMs power and the drafts tank.  Obviously Mark polluted the draft room and organization with a power struggle.

19 hours ago, Nodisrespect said:

I'm not sure how you can even grade his work without the details of the organizations inner workings. Mark Davis neutered him after Dennis Allen was fired, vetoing FA signings(Saffold who's actually a very good player) hiring coaching(JDR, and Gruden) and feuding with player agents (Mack, Cooper). 

The toxic power structure obviously had an impact on the philosophy of drafting players. 2012 draft we didn't have any picks, 2013 was a terrible draft, 2014 was a home run. 2015- forward Mark brings in his coaches reduced RMs power and the drafts tank.  Obviously Mark polluted the draft room and organization with a power struggle.

We have no clue if what you say the inner workings were is true also.  I already took out 2013-14 and said 2014 was a home run but predictable. Now we want to say that 2015-18 are not his fault either.  Sounds like he was a GM that had zero power and influence for all but one year.  I do not want a GM that is going to let everyone in the organization stop him from doing his job well anyways.  Sounds a lot like the Carr thinking.  Eventually the leader of the team just like the leader of the front office has to take responsibility for the product on the field. 

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

We have no clue if what you say the inner workings were is true also.  I already took out 2013-14 and said 2014 was a home run but predictable. Now we want to say that 2015-18 are not his fault either.  Sounds like he was a GM that had zero power and influence for all but one year.  I do not want a GM that is going to let everyone in the organization stop him from doing his job well anyways.  Sounds a lot like the Carr thinking.  Eventually the leader of the team just like the leader of the front office has to take responsibility for the product on the field. 

Ultimately he's not the leader Mark Davis is the leader, unless you get him to give you 10 years 100 mill guaranteed lol.

• Like 1