Around The League V.2

Totty

Carr is to worried about interceptions to take risks and avoids contact so he does not let plays develop.  He does not take into account the situation a lot of the time and that drives me nuts.  When it is time to take a chance because you will lose if you do not he is more concerned about having a INT on his stat sheet or someone tackling him as he extends the play.  Somebody needs to tell him that sometimes an interception is just as good as a punt but has the added bonus that your WRs might make a play or draw a flag.  Same can be said for extending a play with your legs and it might fire up your teammates.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Dude certainly runs his team like Al. 

Not really. Raiders never had a team with that kind of talent in Al's later years. And Al wouldn't play chicken with their money.Al would have made Dak the highest paid QB in the game right or wrong. And he would have fired Garret 7 years ago lol.

I always respected Al's family like vibe when it came to players even if it was ugly sometimes.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Not really. Raiders never had a team with that kind of talent in Al's later years. And Al wouldn't play chicken with their money.Al would have made Dak the highest paid QB in the game right or wrong. And he would have fired Garret 7 years ago lol.

I always respected Al's family like vibe when it came to players even if it was ugly sometimes.

Once a Raider. Always a Raider.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Honestly Jones is very similar in that regard. He resigns guys even if they are past their prime because of sentiment. Look at Witten. And like Al he doesn’t change his ways. Al was stuck in the 70s whereas Jones is stuck in the 90s. 

Don't want OBJ but why not.Every year give up a 3rd and have it not work out. INSANITY!!! LOL   Of course I'd welcome him but...the drama...LOL

Making me rather have Cooper back with all these diva WR's. Big difference between confidence and cockiness. Haven't heard a positive thing about OBJ in over a year. Thought he must be on IR...Oh wait it's the Browns 'dream team' YIKES!!!

I'd rather draft two WR's in the 1st AND two in the 3rd before giving up a pick for another diva...

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Oh yes they did, they used to call the Raiders a Ferrari with no gas because of poor coaching in the 90s.