Around The League V.2

Totty

On 2/25/2019 at 3:52 PM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

In before someone posts that the Raiders should sign him because he was Carrs favorite receiver 

We should sign Crabtree, him and Carr can light it up again!!! He's Carr's favorite! Just Kidding, I couldn't resist.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Dallas just franchised Lawrence. I have to clue how they expect to sign Cooper, Dax and Elliott?

They’re about to spend 70+ million a year on 4 players.

Not surprised, the cowboys are about the most emotional and “loyal” franchises in the league. I mean they did just resign witten. 

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Dallas just franchised Lawrence. I have to clue how they expect to sign Cooper, Dax and Elliott?

They’re about to spend 70+ million a year on 4 players.

They will be in the definition of cap hell next season. Their window is now.

Edited by RaidersAreOne

I'm interested to see what kind of season Juju has now that AB is gone.  Stopping him will be the focal point of D coordinators.  This season will tell us if he is a true number 1 or not.  I thinking that he is not and will have a down year.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm interested to see what kind of season Juju has now that AB is gone.  Stopping him will be the focal point of D coordinators.  This season will tell us if he is a true number 1 or not.  I thinking that he is not and will have a down year.  

Yeah this is another reason I want Brown. We can draft a "big" receiver to go with him, who can complement him and feast on 1v1 coverage.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah this is another reason I want Brown. We can draft a "big" receiver to go with him, who can complement him and feast on 1v1 coverage.

While I agree with your assessment of what Brown will do for our team yet I am torn about landing him.  

We couldn't pony up  23 million for a 27 year old mack but will be paying a 31 year old Brown over 15? There is no doubting that Brown is still a great talent but if we are a 4 win team again and we can't protect Carr he will complain and be a distraction.  It also depends on the compensation we would have to give up to land him. I would not give anything greater than our 4th.  

I truly want this team to get younger and I feel that 15 million can be spent on players who's best years are ahead of them not behind them.  Brown is one of the hardest working players in the NFL and is a flat out stud, there is no doubting that.  At the end of the day I'd pass on him.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

While I agree with your assessment of what Brown will do for our team yet I am torn about landing him.  

We couldn't pony up  23 million for a 27 year old mack but will be paying a 31 year old Brown over 15? There is no doubting that Brown is still a great talent but if we are a 4 win team again and we can't protect Carr he will complain and be a distraction.  It also depends on the compensation we would have to give up to land him. I would not give anything greater than our 4th.  

I truly want this team to get younger and I feel that 15 million can be spent on players who's best years are ahead of them not behind them.  Brown is one of the hardest working players in the NFL and is a flat out stud, there is no doubting that.  At the end of the day I'd pass on him.  

I think we are focusing on the wrong Brown.  Maybe not Trenton Brown exactly but the point is we need O-line before we need WRs.  If we have the same line to predict Browns stats you need to find out how many receptions he had with the ball being thrown within the first three seconds and how many receptions he had when the offense went three and out.  Big Ben would toss off the first tackler and not worry about pressure to complete the pass giving Brown and JuJu more time to break free.  Carr is not going to do that.

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The difference is that we've acquired draft capital from the Mack trade which we are trying to use with the 23m not making the move granted us to add talent. For example, if that added talent is Brown, an 8M APY defensive player, byron murphy, and whoever we pick in the 1st next year, that's not bad at all.

We can't not try to acquire elite players just because we traded one away, especially if the price draft wise is low.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The difference is that we've acquired draft capital from the Mack trade which we are trying to use with the 23m not making the move granted us to add talent. For example, if that added talent is Brown, an 8M APY defensive player, byron murphy, and whoever we pick in the 1st next year, that's not bad at all.

We can't not try to acquire elite players just because we traded one away, especially if the price draft wise is low.

I just read that AB wants 18-20 a year. If this team was close to a playoff birth and AB could handle being on a 4 win team I’d be all for it but the truth is he’s not. This team is so devoid of talent and has so many holes to fill that 20 million could be spent on 2 or 3 pieces that have their best years ahead of them. We also will most likely be trading a 2nd or 3rd to aquire AB. For those reasons I say pass. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I just read that AB wants 18-20 a year. If this team was close to a playoff birth and AB could handle being on a 4 win team I’d be all for it but the truth is he’s not. This team is so devoid of talent and has so many holes to fill that 20 million could be spent on 2 or 3 pieces that have their best years ahead of them. We also will most likely be trading a 2nd or 3rd to aquire AB. For those reasons I say pass. 

Yeah that's too much. His current deal is 15 per year. I wouldn't give him a raise beyond that.

At this point, I'd be disappointed if we have to give up a 2nd and pay him 18-20 million. Seems a bit rich to me.